• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Destin Florida - July 2015 - Crab Island - Diving

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Looks like my Destin in July trips are almost here! I have two trips planned. 4th of July extended weekend and a week starting on July 18th.

For those who have never been, you should find time once to go!

For those that have gone the fishing, diving and crab island hangout is something else to be a part of!

Hope to maybe Spot other Jetboaters members in Destin. I'll keep this post updated as my adventures start and unfold :winkingthumbsup"

Can't wait to get my 2015 updated photos up. New boat will be flying the American and LSU flags ! image.jpg

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I was down on Crab Island a couple weeks ago. I live here though.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@eggwhite93 what a great place to own a boat! I guess when us tourist show up in July - it probably is fustrating!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm out there just about every weekend. We haven't had a TON of bad storms this year, so the water has been crystal clear at high tide. Doesn't get much better.

Let me know if you have any questions. Would be glad to answer.

By the way, the photo in my signature is at Crab Island about a month ago.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a pic from this past Saturday. Took with my GoPro at the south edge of Crab Island.

GOPR0635_1433547478010_high.JPG

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@eggwhite93 what a great place to own a boat! I guess when us tourist show up in July - it probably is fustrating!
I have only had my boat for about 3 weeks and have only had it in the bay once of the 5 times I have had it out. I prefer to take it to the lake just North of my house. It is nice to have it so close when we want to go though.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@ToddW850 I could always use some accurate GPS numbers for good fishing spots :winkingthumbsup"
Haha! If I had any I could give you I would for sure. Fisherman around here guard their numbers with armed security!

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
A couple of weeks away ! Getting my supplies gathered up. Adding SeaDeck to my boat this weekend.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Will do! Will be in destin July 3rd to 8th and back on the 18th to 25th July. I am looking for a place to keep my boat between trips. 8 to 18 July. If any suggestions let me know!

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We have absolute crazy weather every day for the past week. Even had a Water Spout go straight across Crab Island today. Someone got a video.

@Helipilot11 check this out. The Water Spout went right across where you and I met up the other weekend.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Mother Nature has 2 days to get this fixed. I did my crazy - stormy weather 4th of July in Destin - 2 years ago! :stop:

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
One more work day of work between now and the bachelor party with some serious party plans. Boating, crab island, charter fishing trip, diving trip, and a round of golf! I hope we did t pan to do too much ;)

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
At least the weather held out most of the day yesterday. Not looking so good this morning.