• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Detailing

DJMattyT

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was so close to pulling the trigger on Ceramic Coating the boat but after my new audio upgrade I just couldn’t see sinking much more in it this year. Anyway I spent about 6-7 Hours detailing her this week. 3 step process and these are the results. 352D9355-68EA-4F51-8D87-F12D8511B738.jpeg80A6A280-6E75-4CCC-8B07-B38507568DA8.jpeg

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Looks good. With the results you can get from other products, I would suggest not spending the money on a ceramic coating. Despite what they claim most people will only get about two years out of a ceramic coating, unless they are having it refreshed (an additional charge) at least every year. Also with a ceramic coating you have to use special soaps and etc., and the coatings a vulnerable to water spotting.

Just the outside hull, I polished and waxed (synthetic wax / paint sealant) itReflection in Yamaha FSH 190 boat Gelcoat.jpg with Griot's Garage One Step using a 6 inch random orbital buffer in 2.5 hours. I did it in October, and it looks almost this good today. I am sure you will have similar results. For me, a few hours caring for the finish once a year or every 9 months beats paying for a ceramic coating, and you need to buff off minor rubs and scratches anyway - something a ceramic coating will not prevent.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Looks good. With the results you can get from other products, I would suggest not spending the money on a ceramic coating. Despite what they claim most people will only get about two years out of a ceramic coating, unless they are having it refreshed (an additional charge) at least every year. Also with a ceramic coating you have to use special soaps and etc., and the coatings a vulnerable to water spotting.

Just the outside hull, I polished and waxed (synthetic wax / paint sealant) itView attachment 93369 with Griot's Garage One Step using a 6 inch random orbital buffer in 2.5 hours. I did it in October, and it looks almost this good today. I am sure you will have similar results. For me, a few hours caring for the finish once a year or every 9 months beats paying for a ceramic coating, and you need to buff off minor rubs and scratches anyway - something a ceramic coating will not prevent.
Shines almost too good! Is that man peeing on a boat? :oops:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is not a mirror, but rather a reflection off of my hull after about 3 hours of detailing my 3 year old 242. Don't think ceramic would look any better and a hell of a lot cheaper!
20190215_160806.jpg

Chaunceybland

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What tools/products did you use? I'm thinking of grabbing a Griot's 6". I have Chemical Guys Jet Seal and some Menzerna products (1500, 4000, 4500, Polylock and Polycolor). Brand new white boat, I'm thinking it's pretty clean and I can wash and wax or sealant? Or should I go ahead and use a cleaner or something like the 4000? I'm good with cars, but no clue on a boat!

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If it is clean and shiny, you can just seal it with your favorite synthetic wax using the Griot's buffer to improve the bond.