• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Device plugged into diagnostic port

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi everyone,
I was installing my noco gen2 battery maintainer yesterday and noticed this device plugged into the diagnostic port.
It's a small black box with mounting holes but it wasn't mounted. It has a male and female connector for the diagnostic port. Any idea what it could be?20180113_170048.jpg

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you buy that boat used? Thats a plug in module for adding functions to the ECU (ex: Cruise Control, Ski mode) But, it also can be an SCOM that removes GPS/RPM limitations.

Attachments

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yea. I bought it with 37 hours on the engines.
I figured it was something like that. Unfortunately there isn't a sticker so not sure what it's function is.

Thanks for the reply

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you find yourself "cruising" at 65mph - you will know @ScarabMike is right on. ;)

--

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
As @ScarabMike said, it's a module to enable the boat functions, Cruise, Ski, Docking, ECO.
It daisy chain into the BUDS Diagnostic communication port, the new open pig tail now becomes your Diagnostic port.

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Without limit what is the top speed of our boats?
Mines the 255 500hp

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Without limit what is the top speed of our boats?
Mines the 255 500hp
From what we've heard, these 500hp 255s are pushing 60mph which is pretty amazing. It will depend heavily on several factors though including water and air temps/weather conditions (cool and dry air can be worth 5mph easily!) and pumps/impeller and hull condition - any growth on the hull will slow the boat down like crazy, etc.

--

Craigz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
From what we've heard, these 500hp 255s are pushing 60mph which is pretty amazing. It will depend heavily on several factors though including water and air temps/weather conditions (cool and dry air can be worth 5mph easily!) and pumps/impeller and hull condition - any growth on the hull will slow the boat down like crazy, etc.

--
Sounds good. I had mine up to about 53mph and it seemed to want to keep pushing but I held it back a bit. If I want to push it harder than that I should be out without my wife, she wasn't as impressed as I was

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
There is no limitation on Rotax Powerpack use in JetBoat (Scarab, Glastron & Chaparral Vortex).
A Scarab 255 with Twin 250 (500) will be running in the 55mph area.

"IN A MEETING"

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Could it be possible my diagnostic ports are under the port side rear seat by my batteries?

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Hi everyone,
I was installing my noco gen2 battery maintainer yesterday and noticed this device plugged into the diagnostic port.
It's a small black box with mounting holes but it wasn't mounted. It has a male and female connector for the diagnostic port. Any idea what it could be?
You will have another Deutsch plug for the diagnostics connection so you won't have to unplug the CCK module.

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I do have the same module 2018 215 HO Wake. new ...

Canesfan1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
The heat definitely seems to affect top speed. Hit 63 in April to May, not getting that now though

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's a tracking device @Craigz. Homeland Security is on to you. If you need to ditch the boat to go underground you can put it in my garage.

FaisalKuwait

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 Open ID
Boat Length
Hi all... I'm looking for a diagnostic / fault removal tool for my 255 open 500 HP.
any suggestions Gentelmen ?

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
CanDoo Pro works great for me. Diagnosis and fault reset. Can buy direct from their web site.