• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dewalt batteries

Jebinok

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ask the experts on the board. My batteries are good but my case is all busted up, does anyone know how and where to buy just the case? Thanks in advance

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Good question Jeb, you mean the case the drill came in?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I had no idea you could get a replacement case for the batteries themselves and I have had dewalt cordless tools for 15 years!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is also a Dewalt repair center in Oklahoma City. They will warranty batteries. It is a short drive from Texoma.

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where is it? I have 2 that are dead.
There is also a Dewalt repair center in Oklahoma City. They will warranty batteries. It is a short drive from Texoma.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wow @txav8r your batteries lasted 15 years! I have the Ryobi battery powered tools. The old batteries seem to have a life of about 5 years before they just don't hold a charge. I so impressed with the new lithium batteries and I hope they hold up longer too! They sure keep a charge!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@trashygasman below is the address I found online:

DeWalt / Delta | Porter-Cable Factory Service #033

8507 South Western Oklahoma City, OK 73139 USA
Telephone: 405-634-8403
Approximate distance: 9.5 miles

I hope it helps!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Wow @txav8r your batteries lasted 15 years! I have the Ryobi battery powered tools. The old batteries seem to have a life of about 5 years before they just don't hold a charge. I so impressed with the new lithium batteries and I hope they hold up longer too! They sure keep a charge!
Oh none such luck! My only complaint is that the batteries don't last very long. I too have nursed batteries for about 5 years, I started with a 12V dewalt drill, and never replaced that battery. I think I had a step between that and the 18V but either my age or just the time over the years has me foggy on that. I have had a big tool pack, circular saw, sawzall, light, and impact drill, for the last 13 years, so my guess of 15 may short of reality by a number of years. The pack is 18V and I have had two sets of nickel metal hydride batteries and the current set of L-ion that I have. My objection to the L-ion is that they can't be left in the garage, and they must be charged inside, they are very temperature sensitive I hear. But so far, the two batts I have are doing fine. The newest are even smaller, more powerful, charge lasts better, and they charge quicker. But as the amps go up, so does the danger! The 18V can spin you right off the top of a ladder! Ask me how I know!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You must use your batteries @txav8r ! The Makita batteries have chips in them that record how many charge cycles they go through and if you let your battery sit forever, the chip looses its memory and locks you out of charging the battery. The battery is perfectly fine but the chip wont allow the charger to engage charging.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I got so tired of my craftsman batteries dying that I gave up on it. I only buy Ridgid now. Lifetime warranty on all power tools...even the batteries. As long as you register them within 90 days of purchase.

Got myself this for Christmas. 279 but also came with 100.00 toward another tool. Got the Sawsall for 20.00....I used the craftsman one all the time for trimming my palm trees.
Looking forward to getting the circular saw to go with it. ....7.25" blade in a cordless!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The thing is, you use them but then you don't use them for a few months sometimes. That isn't good for them. And the old NMHD batteries had to be fully depleted before charging. The L-ion are not as sensitive, except for temperature. The biggest killer is either leaving them on the charger, or not using them for months on end. I think even sporadic use is probably not good. These tools are best suited for the contractor that uses them everyday. What they need to do, is build a smart charger for these things. At one time, a dewalt representative told me the charger was a smart charger...it wasn't, it just charges with some limits...it certainly doesn't trickle and recharge as needed...but maybe they are getting "smart" about these and adding a better charger. They sure need to with what these batteries cost!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What they need to do, is build a smart charger for these things. At one time, a dewalt representative told me the charger was a smart charger...it wasn't, it just charges with some limits...it certainly doesn't trickle and recharge as needed...but maybe they are getting "smart" about these and adding a better charger. They sure need to with what these batteries cost!
CobraToolCharging or ToolBeltPilot, anyone? :)

KyleWade14

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got so tired of my craftsman batteries dying that I gave up on it. I only buy Ridgid now. Lifetime warranty on all power tools...even the batteries. As long as you register them within 90 days of purchase.

Got myself this for Christmas. 279 but also came with 100.00 toward another tool. Got the Sawsall for 20.00....I used the craftsman one all the time for trimming my palm trees.
Looking forward to getting the circular saw to go with it. ....7.25" blade in a cordless!

I have a similar Porter Cable setup. Several batteries and a charger, drill, saw, sander, sawzall, etc. Best investment I ever made!