• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Diaphragm in Hull?

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me what this split diapragm on my 2015 AR192 is? I have searched everywhere online with no luck.

Seems my silicon seal has come loose and need to repair it but I’d like to understand what it is first.

Attachments

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Engine exhaust outlet, look in the hatch on the back deck and you should be able to see where the water box attaches to the thru hull

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for the quick reply.

I thought it was likely exhaust given the size but wanted to be sure. Haven’t had a chance to get in the boat to look into it from the inside.

Looks like I’ll be under there reapplying some silicon around the perimeter. I’m surprised it has come loose in the first place.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JBehrens beat me to it. That is the exhaust outlet port. The rubber laps are to keep large debris out of there. THe silicone you see coming out in your second photo is VERY normal, and is just leftover from the build process.

Yank that out of there and go enjoy your boat :D

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That’s good news. So no need to find where it came from and replace it?

This boat is new to me so I’m just getting it all sorted out. It’s been great so far.

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Awesome thanks for the diagram. Finning thing is I just passed over that one thinking it was unrelated. I see it clearly now. Lol.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are three bolts that hold it in place, remove one at a time, apply thread locker (blue) and then retighten. If these are loose or only slightly tight, good place for water to come into. Ask me how I know?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wow, how did that stay in there that long? My silicone “prize” came out within the first ten hours back in ‘14...

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah I’ve got about 55 hours on mine now.

Where do these come from and why are they in there to begin with if they end up just popping out?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah I’ve got about 55 hours on mine now.

Where do these come from and why are they in there to begin with if they end up just popping out?
It's just excess silicone sealant from factory assembly. Guys in the factory are more concerned with time than laying the perfect bead for that interface. They slap some on there, tighten the bolts and move along. Extra silicone is cheaper than the extra 10min it takes to do it perfectly.

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Isn’t there a need to replace it or is it fine without it?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think the silicone ring came from inside. I think it came off perimeter on the outside and either got swept inside by turbulence or was pushed in some other way. We have seen this happen before.

Summerweatherlover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Ok good to know. I thought it might be from outside as well but wondered since it looks like it’s on is way out.

Thanks for the help guys, certainly nice to know it’s nothing to worry about.