• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Did your "Genuine Yamaha" Anchor fit your new 2015 240 Series Boat?

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just received delivery on my 2015 AR240, and I was really disappointed to see that the Genuine Yamaha Anchor kit for 19-24 foot boats has an anchor that is too small for the anchor storage cradle in the bow of the boat. I'm just wondering if Yamaha made a mistake, or if this is just some unacceptable cost cutting that has happened and Yamaha thinks that it's acceptable to send an anchor that will bounce around in the rope storage compartment and damage the fiberglass. I noticed that the pic of the bow storage area in the boattest.com review shows an appropriately sized anchor nicely resting in the cradle. I've attached a picture of the anchor that came with the boat. It's useless.

Attachments

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I picked up my boat, the owner and I took a couple anchors outside. I just selected the largest one that would fit correctly in the cradle. I bet the kit fits the older 24'ers. I'd keep that anchor since you should have two anyway. I put my second anchor in a porter cable tool bag with the rode and keep it in with the cooler.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You got the wrong anchor. This is the correct anchor SBT-YS600-00-14. This looks like the anchor you got SBT-ANCHR-KT-08, which is the correct one for the 2010-2014 24' & current 19'.

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You got the wrong anchor. This is the correct anchor SBT-YS600-00-14. This looks like the anchor you got SBT-ANCHR-KT-08, which is the correct one for the 2010-2014 24' & current 19'.
I just checked the box that the anchor came in and you're right, they gave me the kit for the previous generation boat. Thanks for sorting this one out.

Mauimike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That happened to me as well. They gave me the wrong size. When the correct one came in, I just kept the smaller one
as a stern anchor.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same thing here so I ordered one from overton's. Black rubber coated for boats upto 34' fits perfect and matches the black color of my boat. I just didn't want a galvanized one.

miketke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
do you know the part/model number from overtons that fits in the cradle?

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same thing here so I ordered one from overton's. Black rubber coated for boats upto 34' fits perfect and matches the black color of my boat. I just didn't want a galvanized one.
Man that sounds perfect..do yoy have a link or a part number?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
For those that got the anchor that fits in the anchor locker cradle my follow up question is, "When deployed does it do a good job of keeping your boat anchored?"

I spent a lot of time finding and modifying an anchor to fit in the cradle of my sx230ho and ended up with a Dan forth style anchor. It looked and fit great in the cradle but was sometimes hard to set in the muddy waters of the Sacramento Delta. I've since started using an anchor that doesn't fit in the anchor locker and started using that space for storing fenders and lines instead.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I use my Yamaha anchor and she works beautifully. We spend our time in the silty/muddy bottom of the ICW and the sandy beaches of Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL.

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
anybody know if this anchor kit (http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemcatalogs/p/yamaha_boat_2016_242_limited_s_e_series/yamaha_boat_accessories-anchors/5632d30987a866079834c7df/yamaha-vinyl-coated-boat-anchor-kit) fits properly in the 2016 24-foot boats? I like the idea of the rubber/vinyl covering, just want to make sure it fits!
I would say yes because it says it does and I trust sports plaza. For reference I bought this one, which is essentially the manufacturers direct packaging of what yamaha sells. The arm of the anchor just barely fits into the box and its a 9LB anchor, not sure where the 11LB picks up the other 2 pounds. But this works good for me so far.

http://www.amazon.com/DANFORTH-ANCHOR-KIT-FOR-8S/dp/B0000AY3R2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Sorta related. I ordered a Yamaha boat cover that stated it fit the FSH 190 Sport. I called to verify it fit my model since I have the T-Top and was assured it definitely fit my model. Well....the boat cover arrived and at first glance it didn't appear it would fit but I figured I would give it a shot. Once stretched and "on" the boat it clearly (well over 5 ft short from reaching the gunwales) did not fit.

I boxed it back up and called Yamaha (we all known the joys of trying to get someone on the phone that knows what they are talking about) and asked if they mistakenly sent me the wrong boat cover... They said the part number I had was the correct one. Eventually I got a "tech" on the phone and he said he would have to research and call me back. 2 days later I received a call from Yamaha informing me the boat cover does fit, but my T-Top has to be disassembled and removed...............:mad:

If Yamaha engineering dept. and/or sales department honestly thinks they can sell a product which requires disassembling and reassembling a major component of your boat each time you want to cover your boat and repeating that action each time you want to use your boat...well I'll be nice and just say they didn't think things through properly.

I "vented" to the "tech" and promptly returned the item. If you go to Yamaha's site they still list the boat cover as fitting the FSH 190 Sport with no mention or clause stating you must disassemble your boat...

Well, this experience prevented me from ordering or trusting that their anchor would fit my anchor locker. I have not and will not order any Yamaha accessories sight unseen again....but thats just me I guess

Wow... that really sucks... I'm with you... someone didn't think something all the way through...

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Derek Fosbury

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, got one from the dealer for free . Haven't used it yet, but will tonight for fireworks.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

lj Arms

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My Yamaha anchor fits in my SX195 anchor compartment, but its offset. One side's sharp edge rests against the finished fiberglass side, & it'll beat the fiber case to death when the boat encounters wakes.
Maybe the manf didn't screw in the mounts correctly. Don't know. But it's obvious the anchor needs to be wrapped in something to prevent this, and the loud racket it's going to create. That'll really tick off my Sports Il. wife, she doesn't like noises.