• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Difference between the 2015 and 2016 Scarab 215?

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I can't find any definitive list of the differences between the 2015 and 2016 model year.
Please point me in the right direction or fill me in.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jacob Klein

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can't find any definitive list of the differences between the 2015 and 2016 model year.
Please point me in the right direction or fill me in.
I recently looked at a 2016 model year 215 scarab, and comparing it to my 2015 model. I only noticed a couple small changes, drain ports in the ski locker, bow area and swim platform were all relocated to more appropriate areas for draining water more effectively. In the 2015 model, the drains were located above the bottom areas allowing water to pool up and not drain. In the 2016 models, the drains were moved to the lowest point, eliminating the pooling of water.

Again, those were just what I noticed, the dealer that had the 2016 model, couldn't tell me what was improved upon or changed from the year 2015 models.

Pretty disappointing when you sell a product and don't know what changes from year to year...

Rtimleck

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Not surprising coming from most of these Scarab dealers.

PanamaJet

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I also know about "Intelligent Shift and Throttle" being a new option for 2016.

Is that all? Just the drain ports and iST?

Chad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
- There is now a walk through option at the rear of the boat. You can choose the versa lounge with the fold down middle cushion which will allow both rear seats to fold flat or you can choose the walk though option which allows the rear seats to just move back and forth for cockpit or rear-facing lounge, the middle cushion then turns into a snap in removable cushion.

- The Wake edition is new for 2016, with the new tower design, graphics, and ballast options

- They also have the new touchscreen command center as an option on some of the boats

- I also saw that some now have push button start for the dual engine configuration, just not sure which models that comes with.