• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Differences between 2018 and 2019 212 Limited?

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello Fellow Jetboaters!

We have had our 2013 SX210 for 5.5 yrs and 450 hrs now and still love it BUT the newer Limited series have started to give me the itch again.

Does anybody know what the exact differences are between the 2018 and 2019? If this has already been discussed please feel free to just post a link.

Also has anybody negotiated a 2018 and/or 2019 212 Limited and care to share what kind of deals they are finding? I know Yamaha controls the pricing but we all know dealers have wiggle room with add accessories, labor, waiver of fees, yada and more yada. Be interested to hear what you are finding and where you are located.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Jason

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Color scheme, a new and improved reverse bucket, and dash layout.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are changes to the pumps that sound really good - wear ring and steering nozzle/bucket design that improves steering and provides some lateral thrust.

--

Bacchus_fl

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody have the black hull 2018? If so do you find dock rash/ bumper scuffing to be an issue? My 2013 has a dark blue hull and I’ve never seen a hull scuff so easily.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think you lose the twin tachs on the 2019 (212) limited. Looks like they placed the phone holder there. I could be wrong but I thought the 2018 limited had the twin tachs. I know the AR210 still does (smaller screen so more space). As far as pricing, I know everyone is trying to move the 2018's, if you can find one. Buds has a few in stock, scattered around the country, Winnebagoland by me has a 212x that they're trying to unload (green tower and lettering). Kalamazoo has one, Minneapolis is out, last I checked, And I think Lodders in Ohio. The only reason I know is that I was willing to travel for a deal, but decided to order a 2019 from the show.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Anybody have the black hull 2018? If so do you find dock rash/ bumper scuffing to be an issue? My 2013 has a dark blue hull and I’ve never seen a hull scuff so easily.
I have the 2018 with a black hull and it is not that much of an issue. I only have about 50 hours so not much history here, but the few scuff marks I did pick up were easily cleaned up.

Scoop

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
yup I have a 2018 212 X black and red and there was a big windstorm on Lake Powell last year and the side the black part got really scuffed up.I had to pay a fiberglass shop to fix it and it was about 550 bucks

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have just bought a 2018 242 LSE from Sun Sports in Fort Myers . Haven't taken delivery yet. It was the last '18 on the lot and it was 63k out the door with the 2 year warranty extension. Demo, 6 hours. It has the 12" display and no analog tachs.

242 Limited S E-series.jpg

yamaha-boats-242-limited-s-e-series-2018-white-blue-helm.jpg

Last edited: