• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Directing jet stream downward

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Bought the 2014 Scarab 215 HO because of the maneuverability and the cockpit layout. Versatile for all sorts of water sports - but with a 75’ tow rope, speeds over 30-35, the jet wash becomes problematic for the skier/tuner/knee-boarder. Shortening the rope for more aggressive skiers is not an option at this point.

if I can adjust the jet stream downward just a few degrees, it would make a world of difference. Anyone know how to do that?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Possibly add a shim behind the upper bolts that hold it on? First thought that comes to mind...

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I thought that too - but then the bolts don’t go in straight. And those are some pretty close tolerance holes. I’ll thought of making a full ring shim with holes that are perpendicular with the jet pump face, but the bolt holes on the gate brackets would still be off by the same angle. The jet nozzle bolts in with the gate bracket. I’ll have to play with the steering part of the jet nozzle to see if I can make some sort of offset there - just need to offset the bottom bushing and I’d get the effect I need. Easier said than done. But thanks for the thoughts.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
The nozzle has an offset bushing that can flipped around to make the nozzle point further down. BUT, if you do this, you need to then re-adjust the entire bucket for reverse/neutral which also means making sure the bucket still locks when in full forward. These are all fairly annoying to do and I'm not sure how to make the bucket lock upwwards since it will now have to sit lower to give you proper neutral/reverse.

When I bought my 165 used, it was setup with the nozzle downwards.... the bucket couldn't lock in the up position. I put it back the way it came from the manufacturer. But yes, more of a spray.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought the 2014 Scarab 215 HO because of the maneuverability and the cockpit layout. Versatile for all sorts of water sports - but with a 75’ tow rope, speeds over 30-35, the jet wash becomes problematic for the skier/tuner/knee-boarder. Shortening the rope for more aggressive skiers is not an option at this point.

if I can adjust the jet stream downward just a few degrees, it would make a world of difference. Anyone know how to do that?
Not sure on deflecting it down without changing the pitch of the boat while underway. We just deal with the more turbulent water behind the boat and try to stay out of it if possible. I highly recommend that anyone tubing wears goggles to keep the spray out of there eyes & we have 80' of rope

John P Jones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hmmm, thanks. There is an adjustment that can be made to the length of the gate control cable to make it go down further. Will probably only need a turn or two. The lock plate would have to be adjusted probably. I might be able to make this work. Thanks.