• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Disappearing Island - Ponce Inlet, FL

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having been out of town all summer, this was the first weekend I was able to get out on my '11 AR240. It rained on Saturday, so that sucked, but Sunday turned out to be awesome. Nice breeze and calm intercoastal. Here are a few pics from yesterday. Note - When I came back to the Halifax Harbor, some couple had a black/tan 242 Limited S. I don't know if they're on this forum, but they had a nice boat.

Best mod to the boat is Seadek.... BEST THING EVER
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Better late than never. At least you squeezed one trip in before summer ended. Welcome to fall!!! Hopefully you have plenty of usable boating season still ahead of you this year.

prorider17

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @itsdgm. Thank God for FL... winter doesn't start for us 'til December. Saturday was so crappy, my Fiance and I drove to Orlando and I tried out Orlando Watersports Complex with my wakeboard. Two hours later, I couldn't lift my arms... Still can't.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im planning to eventually move up to that area. Glad to see there is a ton of boating areas. Great pics.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Disappearing island is pretty cool. Here's a couple pics from around Labor Day with my old Silverline.

Great place to chill.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will be towing boat from Ohio to Ponce Inlet for 10 days. Not had my boat out there yet.. Anybody here frequent the dissappearing island?

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Great. . We'll be arriving the 17th and staying until the 27th. @prorider17, any interest in meeting on the island?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very cool! Looks like a cool place to anchor up.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is that right at the point at Lighthouse Point Park? Once I pick up my X, that's a trip I'd like to make from St. Augustine. I'm definitely up for a meetup some time!

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, we finally made it in. 15 hour haul at 10.5 mpg. Hopefully we have good weather.

MITEASWELL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Well, we finally made it in. 15 hour haul at 10.5 mpg. Hopefully we have good weather.
How's everything going at Disappearing island? planning on going there Saturday. It's only a 1.5 drive for us.

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yeah, color me interested too... about two hours from here by road, day trip by water. I'm sure I'll end up there eventually.

MITEASWELL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
Spent the day at disappearing Island yesterday, The water was cold at 74° Lots of boats but too crowded. I know there's a thread going on about the airborne club, yesterday I became part of that club unwillingly of course we decided to go out in to the ocean and just at the end of the inlet swells were roughly 4 foot we were going about 18 miles an hour and the boat would just plow through it and jump out of the water, we were all surprised how well the 230 handled it. Here are a few pictures from yesterday disappearing Island. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be in the area for the next 2 weeks. Look for a space blue AR240 with PA numbers.