• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DIY Surf Tower Rack

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's some pics of my Surfboard Tower Rack. It is meant to carry surf style wakesurfers that wont fit in a normal holder or are too fragile. It is built out of 2"x 1/4" 316SS flatbar, scraps I had in my shop. The clamps are 1-1/4" aluminum electrical conduit clamps (P-Clamps). The ends are 1" SS washers cut in half. In all this cost me $4.50 for the clamps and $29 for the fancy pads. I cheated and got a friend to bend up the ends but you could also bent the bar like a bananna to get the clearance for the board curvature. The rubber strips are to keep the pad from slipping aroung but are not necessary. Cam
1x 32" flatbar
2x 23" flatbar
2ea 1" washers
2ea 1-1/4" clamps
2ea 3/8"c 1-1/4" bolts

Surf Tower Rack 190555.jpg Surf Tower Rack 190560.jpg Surf Tower Rack 190561.jpg Surf Tower Rack 190562.jpg

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome! That's some serious Canadian ingenuity.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that's a great idea, I've been wanting to get my board out of the rack (we normally have two knee boards and surf board on a trip)

Where did you get the clamps from?

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The clamps are from any electrical supply store. Home Depot may have them as well. These are a bit nicer looking. Cam.
upload_2016-7-22_10-8-43.png

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here it is on the boat. Still working on the best strap/bungie arrangement. Cam.Wake Rack cr.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rack works great. Took a bit of experimenting to get the bungee cords right. I added an extra set of washer welded on straight downwards at each end so you can wrap the bunge around the end without it slipping off. Cam.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nicely done! As an added bonus, it looks like the ends would double as a bottle opener. You will never need to worry about not having one on the boat again.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the rack in action! I had to slot one of the mounting holes since when you mount it outside of the outer support the bar spacing starts to increase.
2016 Aug 1 Board on Rack 003 s.JPG
And for d-coyne1984, thanks for the idea and it does work very (very) well as a beer opener. Cam.
2016 Aug 1 Beer Opener s.JPG

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a shot of the rack with a stack of boards on it. It has become very handy as we are now taking 3 or 4 wakesurf boards to the lake. Cam.

2016 stacked rack 1_s.jpg