• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Non Boat Stuff DJI Mavic Pro

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Excellent condition, never crashed.
Includes:
Mavic Pro (ordered 2017 April)
PolarPro ND32/PL polarized lens filter (for bright/reflective environments like lakes/oceans)
Battery
Controller with stick protector
Charger and all adapters (for Android, Apple)
Extra propellers
Leg extensions
Custom case that fits everything

$700 obo, shipped

sample pics and video below...

20180829_123019.jpg 20180829_123043.jpg 20180829_122639.jpg 20180829_122702.jpg 20180829_124049.jpg DJI_0026.JPG DJI_0024.JPG DJI_0074.JPG

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@spatty99 Am really interested in getting into one of these. Have flown remote choppers, planes, small drones etc. The legal side concerns me registration/licensing etc. Do you use your for hobby or business- or both? I do marketing consultation work and many of my clients keep requesting aerial shots of their facilities. And could use this for additional business ventures.

I would certainly be interested in this and am curious to hear from someone that has been using one.

Thanks!

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For recreational use you just need to register with the FAA, which is $5 per drone.
For (legal) commercial use you need to get a "Remote Pilot Certificate" by passing a basic aeronautical knowledge exam, which I think is ~$100.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@spatty99 Am really interested in getting into one of these. Have flown remote choppers, planes, small drones etc. The legal side concerns me registration/licensing etc. Do you use your for hobby or business- or both? I do marketing consultation work and many of my clients keep requesting aerial shots of their facilities. And could use this for additional business ventures.

I would certainly be interested in this and am curious to hear from someone that has been using one.

Thanks!
The legal side is not as bad as that FAA make it sound, I am a FAA licensed remote pilot (CFR part 107) so I know how the government handles registration and flight rules. Registration of the aircraft is easy, $5 on the FAA's website regardless if you are registering as a business or hobby owner, and you can generally "fly for fun" in open uncontrolled airspace. Where things change is when you want to fly for commercial use, that requires a remote pilots license from the FAA, they are not hard to get but do require you taking a class like https://remotepilot101.com/ and then take a test at your local FAA testing center. I think my total cost was about $250 start to finish so its not that bad if your going to be making additional money off of it. Hope that helps.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JBehrens - how did you find the Part 107 test to be? I am studying for it now and plan on taking it in the next 2 weeks. I am struggling through reviewing and understanding the sectional map reading part (which I've heard is the biggest part of the test).

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JBehrens - how did you find the Part 107 test to be? I am studying for it now and plan on taking it in the next 2 weeks. I am struggling through reviewing and understanding the sectional map reading part (which I've heard is the biggest part of the test).
@Mystic1906
If you are somewhat technically minded, the test is for the most part straight forward. There are a lot of questions on reading sectional charts, you will need to know how to identify air strips, control tower frequencies, what type of airspace a coordinate on the chart is and the classification of airspace (Class: Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Eco, Gulf, etc). Reading charts is (at least on my test, each is different) about 50%-70% of the test with the rest being definitions and terminology.

Best advice I can give you is to practice identifying things on https://skyvector.com/ these are live sectional charts from the FAA and they are much higher quality then the ones you will find from the FAA and on the test. Start by trying to view less hectic spaces and work your way up, try to identify the location of an airport with coordinates, airspace identifications, and names of MOA's and airports. If you need a little more help, https://remotepilot101.com/ is a really good resource and Jason is good about replying to emails fast and you can shoot me a PM if you want to go over a question or just want some more information.

Sorry for the long reply, hope that helps.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JBehrens

Thanks for the resources and the info. I will def be reaching out if I hit stumbling blocks.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm taking photos and low flyover shots for local real estate agents. Nothing higher than 40 feet usually. $100 a pop. Short video, 12 pictures. Sometimes even an inside shot of a cathedral ceiling foyer with staircase.