• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DMV Late with annual registration stickers

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I mailed in my NJ registration fee in May and the check was cashed about 10 later but no 2021 Hull stickers. Anyone else in the same boat so to speak? :D I think either the DMV was closed due to Covaid and this is a common occurence or that my stickers got lost somewhere in the bureaucracy.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have a state website that you can go check to make sure they renewed them? Here in Michigan I can go on the state site and see the registrations and renewals for the trailer and the boat and our cars.

Scoop

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Good idea I will check it out.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I registered online and paid by CC through my states website. Got an email verification but never got the stickers that were supposed to arrive within 30 days.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Haven't even bothered for 2021 in NJ, I'll take the ticket if I get stopped.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I renewed online mid March. Got a confirmation number, still no stickers. I inquired about it online recently and received a notification that they have changed the registration forms and that I have to submit those forms, notarized. The new information they need on the form is what kind of engine drive my boat has. On the new form with a multiple choice answer, I have to select “other”. That’s the hold up?! Geez a wilakers! They said citations won’t be handed out until Oct. 6 at this point. Anyway, you may want to see what the hold up is.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few years ago I tried to pay my registration fees for my boat and waverunners within days after the bills came on the mail. Both my local dmv office and aaa told me to come back a few months later because they had not yet received the stickers from the state. This year I paid by mail and the stickers were issued within a month.

Last edited:

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought a 17’ whaler about a month ago. The DMV said hang on to this paper because you won’t likely see stickers this year.

Gump1976

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
My dealer purchase was from another state recently, but I operate in NJ. Have a temp plate for the trailer which I never used because it's cardboard, but the boat is bare, no registration. Been using it as is and hoping not to get stopped. If I do I think they'll be understanding given its the situation with the NJ MVC. I just keep all the purchase paperwork I have on board just in case. Have to assume there are many others in a similar situation of none or late renewal.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I remember a similar situation last year. My registration payment went through, but no stickers for months. Frustrating, right? I stumbled upon DMVList.com while searching for solutions. Found a thread where others shared tips. Turns out, delays happen more than we think.

Last edited: