• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do I have hull damage or is that normal?

Danadavenport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted this on a Yamaha FB page but got a bunch people offering fiber glass repair advice. I’m asking for some people to take a photo of this specific area.

We have a 2022 ar190. Tonight we hit a corner of the doc and I watched it push the side in and heard a little crunch. The exterior shows zero damage marks so I don’t think it was that bad.

I looked inside the cubby on the left side about the area of impact. I see what kind of looks like a crack but also looks like a fiberglass seam. I was hoping some people could take a photos inside so I can see if that’s normal.

Thank you

Attachments

• 445B7158-DB6E-4592-B839-0A2D36D8718C.jpeg
    445B7158-DB6E-4592-B839-0A2D36D8718C.jpeg
    770.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 1B56BEA3-0CAE-434E-A23B-C21564E9A3B3.jpeg
    1B56BEA3-0CAE-434E-A23B-C21564E9A3B3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 128
It does not look like water is getting through it, if it were me I would get some fiberglass resin and some fiberglass matt and glass over the area then place wax paper on top of the repair and smooth it out using a plastic body filler spreader and let it harden then remove the wax paper and it will probably out last the rest of the boat.

It does not look like water is getting through it, if it were me I would get some fiberglass resin and some fiberglass matt and glass over the area then place wax paper on top of the repair and smooth it out using a plastic body filler spreader and let it harden then remove the wax paper and it will probably out last the rest of the boat.

Thank you.

Any chance you could snap a couple photos of that area on your 19ft?

you have a stress crack not a bad one but it will get worse over time if you don't address it now.

That light colored line is a seam. Mine has same thing.
Doesn’t mean you didn’t get some kind of crack but I would think anything major would have broken through the gelcoat (or will sometime)

F9DC7443-5D8B-4039-8A71-71E6BEB0FA71.jpeg

That light colored line is a seam. Mine has same thing.
Doesn’t mean you didn’t get some kind of crack but I would think anything major would have broken through the gelcoat (or will sometime)

View attachment 186438
Thank you very much!!!! I have asked so many people to post a picture of theirs and you were the only one. Thats exactly what mine looks like. The fact that I cant even find the exact spot on the outside, Im thinking nothing really got damaged.

Back