• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Do I need antifreeze in my supercharger

Bigperm

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I have a New 2020 195SX 150 hours
I am getting it ready for winter I have a full tank with stabilizer in the gas I have gone for a small ride to get the treated gas in the pump and injectors… I have ran or flushed water from the hose while motors running. That’s all I have done . Do I need to pump
Antifreeze in where I flush the motor to get it in my supercharger and exhaust if so how and what kind ? Do I fog or no fog ? And anything else I might be overlooking?
thanks Brian

Miitch

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I have a New 2020 195SX 150 hours
I am getting it ready for winter I have a full tank with stabilizer in the gas I have gone for a small ride to get the treated gas in the pump and injectors… I have ran or flushed water from the hose while motors running. That’s all I have done . Do I need to pump
Antifreeze in where I flush the motor to get it in my supercharger and exhaust if so how and what kind ? Do I fog or no fog ? And anything else I might be overlooking?
thanks Brian
Antifreeze is really only needed in ballast tanks. You should be more than fine just blowing out any water. Residual water will have plenty of room to expand (as water does when it freezes) so there should be no damages incurring from skipping this step.

But i understand it is a common practice. I do it myself. Just helps to know these things ^^ so you dont get worried.

Im going to assume that the supercharging system is the same from Scarab to Sea-Doo to Yamaha. Someone else can chime in if i am incorrect. You only need to pump antifreeze into your garden hose hook up. The same port you use when running your boat out of water. This is the same for non supercharged boats. There is no need to run antifreeze through your supercharger as far as im concerned.

Additionally, fogging a supercharged engine through the air intake could cause some damage down the road to your supercharger. The best way to fog a supercharged engine (and NA engines in my opinion) is to pull the spark plugs, put ~1-3 sprays of fog into each of the cylinders, and turn over with no plugs to get the pistons moving and lubricate your cylinder walls.

Hope this helps. two years no issues for me :)

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Like with any Microsoft product, there are many answers. None of them right or wrong. Technically these boats only require being flushed after use and blown out to remove excess water. They probably won’t freeze without a lot of room for expansion by the design of the water chambers to hurt or crack anything. As for fogging so there isn’t any corrosion buildup or sticking rings…. Well, that’s a personal preference as well.

That being said (and there will be a bunch of discussion about it 😀), I ran mine on pumped in RV non toxic antifreeze, pulled the spark plugs, squirted some Yamaha fogging oil in the cylinders, rolled the engine over, replaced the plugs, and called it good. In my “belt and suspenders” opinion, it makes me feel better and it probably doesn’t hurt anything. Using the antifreeze let’s me tell myself that I am reducing corrosion in the cooling system and getting some protection. The fogging, even though I didn’t really fog in the true sense since nothing in the intake system was oiled makes me feel better about damp air getting into a cylinder through an open valve.

So this all comes down to what you want to do (and how long you can ride “winterization” as an excuse to not work on your honey do list) opposed what you need to do. It’s all personal preference.

(disclaimer: past performance does not necessarily predict future results, your mileage may vary)

Hope this doesn’t muddy the water.