• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dock Blocks any one use them?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any experience with dock blocks I'm considering getting them for my boat slip. I can add a floating lift but I'm getting quotes of around $15,000 dollars for one I can do the dock blocks for less then half of that price.

EDITED BY ADMIN TO ADD URL TO DOCK BLOCKS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any experience with dock blocks I'm considering getting them for my boat slip. I can add a floating lift but I'm getting quotes of around $15,000 dollars for one I can do the dock blocks for less then half of that price.
Those work OK when new but when they get a little dirty its harder to slide on and off, with time it’s like beaching the boat about every time you pop it on, so that fin FRP Yamaha hull will take some beating.
Im also not a big fan of anything inflatable. As it clings to the gelcoat.
The price is outrageous, I just put a new floating one in last year, I think it was around 8K, happy to try to find my invoice if you need it. Works great except I had to modify the control Unit because of cheap electronic parts, but it was an easy DIY.

Those work OK when new but when they get a little dirty its harder to slide on and off, with time it’s like beaching the boat about every time you pop it on, so that fin FRP Yamaha hull will take some beating.
Im also not a big fan of anything inflatable. As it clings to the gelcoat.
The price is outrageous, I just put a new floating one in last year, I think it was around 8K, happy to try to find my invoice if you need it. Works great except I had to modify the control Unit because of cheap electronic parts, but it was an easy DIY.

I have an L shaped dock so I'm really restricted in the type of floating lift I can use as most of the reasonably priced ones require a U shaped slip. I'm really more limited to like a Harborhoist or a Sunstream float lift do to my dock set up and we have tide swings of about 4-5 ft every 12 hours.

Ask your marina if you can buy a used lift and have them install. That’s what I did.

Ask your marina if you can buy a used lift and have them install. That’s what I did.

I have been shopping used but there really are none near me I found one earlier today in 700 miles away for $8000 but I have not clue the logistics of getting it moved. I own my slip at my marina so they don't do any installs or anything.

I have been shopping used but there really are none near me I found one earlier today in 700 miles away for $8000 but I have not clue the logistics of getting it moved. I own my slip at my marina so they don't do any installs or anything.
Hey guru... did you ever figure this out? I'm about to pull the trigger on Dock Blocks... given @swatski comment, I'm also considering adding a keel guard.

Back