• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Docking stories

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Long post ahead!

I've found that every time I got out, the most stressful part is when we come back and I have to dock. Even if it is wide open and no current, I always pucker up. But then after I dock, I also realize that it is also when I have the most fun driving the boat! I'd love to hear everyone's docking stories. Successes and fails. Here are a few of mine

1. I dry stack, so when I'm done for the day I got to a long dock with multiple fingers. Each slip has space for two boats, no pilings in between. A few days ago we had heavy winds and I still decided to go out for a spin. Got rowdy real quick so we headed back. Fortunately not a lot of folks out that day so I could chose any slip I wanted. I found one and headed to it. Sort of cross wind / wind on my back kind of deal. I felt like Launchpad McQuack! Had to go 3 deep in no-wake mode with constant throttle to keep the wind from blowing me off, but that also meant I was going in hot. Last minute I caught a draft or something and my bow went to starboard and I found myself diagonally inside the slip still coming in hot and sideways. I did a hard reverse to starboard and leveled out. Still applying a good amount of reverse thrust to SB, the wind gently made me touch down! Winning!

2. Yesterday was a calm day, minimal breeze, sunny. That also means everyone was out there! On my way back I only found one space, right next to a very expensive looking wake boat. Drifted parallel to the spot, did a fancy spin to SB, but my line was off. So did the crab crawl to port a bit, then slid right in! Felt like a champ. Felt even better when I saw other boats of all makes and models struggling to dock.

Still haven't had the courage to back into a slip though!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Port is a fun place to dock. Wait until summer kicks up and cruisers are side tied to each other for a bite to eat.

The most fun docking I had was on our trip to HHI last summer. We were stopping to fuel at at John's yatch club and the current is moving to say the least with boats coming in and out keeping enough to not slam into pilings on the down side. Slipping in port aide to fill up.

Dont think I have any stories on Lanier.