• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dog ladders?

Harshhobgoblin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all, first post. I haven't actually taken delivery of my used 2013 sx190 yet (waiting on registration) but I was happy to see their was a dedicated model forum. Im coming from a 19' Four Winns I/O, so this will be my first jet. In my excitement I actually read through all 12 pages of forum posts. I think my first mod will be installing a wired radio remote on swim platform.

Anyways, for those of you who boat with dogs - any dog friendly ladders that allow your dog access to the swim deck? My dog (65lb border collie/lab) is always the last one out of the water b/c he loves swimming, so I always need to jump in the water and pick him up onto the swim deck.

Ideally i'd like to fabricate something out of wood/metal/bouy. It seems like the bottom level of the deck is so close to the water that it shouldn't be too hard!

Last edited:

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
We use this . http://www.petclassics.com/Water-Ramps-Steps/dog-on-water-ramp.29.html

We LOVE it. Our golden got use to it in just 2-3 swims. The can basically swim into the netting and the walk onto the swim platform.

This thing is pricy (around $300) but we take our dogs out at least once a week and our golden is 100lbs. With this he can just walk into the boat on his own. So, pricy and bulky, but not having to lift a 100lb wet dog into the boat is priceless.

(welcome to the site. tons of information here. you will love this site !)

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
God damn! Why is everything so damn expensive!!!

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I know, right? At first we bought a dog ladder that strapped to the people ladder. It was 150 or so. Pain in the ass. Had to get in water to put it on. Once on, ladder only good for dogs. Never could get it tight. And dogs could not get use to it, because they couldn't see it. All the guts of it were under water. So, we returned that one and bought the dog on water ramp.

But, the cost margin on this thing has to be 90% at $ 300 +.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I'll see if I can get a picture of it attached. But for now, the platform part of it has 4 holes along the front edge. I use the 2 holes on either end and tie the platform off to my 2 rear cleats. The platform has a slight Z shape at that edge which allows it to rest nicely up against the back of the boat. I have a video of my dog using it. I'll see if that shows more detail.. Found it. Shows it a little

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just checked the link again...$409!!

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is what we use. 75 lb Golden. She “walks” on and off using it. Current 30% discount code on their website brings it below $100. Plus, the kids get to use it like a mini Lilly Pad when she isn’t using it. Going into second season. Holding up well so far.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you attach it to the boat?

JimmyB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not in any meaningful way. Stays rolled up until we get to the cove then we toss it off the back tied to a cleat. We run a dock line through a couple holes on the float. When she wants on or off the boat we just hold it on the swim platform.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just checked the link again...$409!!
Haha... I'm glad we got a MINI goldendoodle. I was looking at these a few weeks ago, NO THANKS. I can just help him up on the deck for $400 haha

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Haha... I'm glad we got a MINI goldendoodle. I was looking at these a few weeks ago, NO THANKS. I can just help him up on the deck for $400 haha
I got mine 4-5 years ago. I am sure I didn't spend $400, but feel it was pricey... 250-300. Maybe it was closer to 4. We've definitely gotten use out of it and with my 90-100lb golden, it is a god send.