• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dont forget your tool bag

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Last Friday weather was looking good in Georgia. So the wife and I took the day off, sent the boys to school and we went to the lake?10 minutes in we sucked something up, usually no big deal, 6 years with two jet boats ive dealt with this before. But not Friday, I struggled to pry, pull, chip, swear this piece of plastic out. Finally went back to the ramp put the boat on the trail and tried again from the intake, still no luck. Fortunately I had all the tools to pull the pump off and remove the plastic Coke bottle cap out.?

All that being said if I wasn't familiar with the removal procedure and/or didn't have the correct tools with me, the day would have been a bust. Just a FYI you might need more than sunscreen, life jacket and a bikini when you take the boat out.

I was just thinking about what tools to bring the other day. Obviously I don't need my tool chest, and have a few tools already on board. But i also believe I'm not adequately covered either. Anyone have a list they use for what they feel comfortable bringing? Sizes, etc?

I was just thinking about what tools to bring the other day. Obviously I don't need my tool chest, and have a few tools already on board. But i also believe I'm not adequately covered either. Anyone have a list they use for what they feel comfortable bringing? Sizes, etc?

My tool kit contains basically this:
  • Ratchet and Socket kit (small)
  • Pair of hose clamps
  • Screwdriver with a variety of bits that store in the handle
  • Allen Keys
  • Electrical Tape
  • Razor knife, and standard and hook blades
  • Flashlight
  • Adjustable Wrench
  • Extra fuses (variety pack)

That's gotten me through most issues, but if I got to the point where I'd need to pull a pump, day's a bust and I'd do it at home.

I just bought these 2 items as I have had no tools on my boat the last 2 seasons, besides a few screwdrivers/wrenches, and some zip ties and hose clamps. Hope to never need them....lmao

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-125541_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-125541_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20220502-125525_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-125525_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 48
Y
  • Pair of hose clamps
  • Allen Keys
  • Electrical Tape
  • Flashlight
  • Adjustable Wrench

That's gotten me through most issues, but if I got to the point where I'd need to pull a pump, day's a bust and I'd do it at home.
This, but add a pair of Channel lock Pliers!

• Pair of hose clamps
  • Allen Keys
  • Electrical Tape
  • Flashlight
  • Adjustable Wrench

Don't forget a couple socket extension, I think I used a 7" and two 3" to get to the pumps bolts. Its not that hard to do if you have a a good place to park. It would suck on blacktop, in July, at a public launch. I pulled under a tree at our marine and my wife made a cocktail to easy my frustration ?

To these other items I would add a set of line clamps for those with twin engines, in case you ever have to limp in on one motor, you'll need to block the intake water line on the non running motor so it doesn't get flooded.

These are a few things I bring along, just in case.

Yes I do bring a drill on board. I use it to raise the mainsail with a Harken winch bit.

20210621_151340.jpg

20210621_151440.jpg
20210621_151333.jpg

Back