• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Double Tubing

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Please don't ask that question. This will turn into a bashing thread real quick. I swear all the facebook groups and now a couple threads here are having the annual tube from the tower heated discussion.

Let's just leave it at, towing multiple tubes is a blast and leave the "where to tow from" in another thread that can get locked after the bashing starts.

Our kids started riding sitting backwards in the single tubes. They think it's fun as they can't see the bumps coming, and they won't torque their backs when their butt is down. Good times for sure.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We restarted towing two tubes at once this season. Far short of the tube wars and rodeos we use to conduct.
We kept it slow and had an attentive and dedicated spotter/flag person as well as a line tender. Also established who the chicken/signal person was in each tube. There were plenty of wipe outs, many more laughs and not a single injury other than hurting faces and abs from laughing so much.

Towed from the low tow point, not the tower because we had the Bimini deployed plus I don’t like the rope(s) swinging side to side over or in the cockpit. I tow from the tower whenever having the tubes get more air more easily is the desired outcome.

My favorite tow move is to get the tube(s) directly behind the boat and go to wide open throttle straight ahead for a few seconds just to see the riders reactions to the spray hitting them directly (it’s also the safest tubing move I can make). Still, I will be buying a booster ball soon (give the riders, especially the females, a little relief). We laughed a lot watching the big Bertha run over the flat tube a few times, usually scraping the flat tube riders off the tube but to prevent this I’ve since replaced that tube with the paparazzi tube also pictured.

Attachments

Last edited:

hamsammy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How do you fit two ropes on the low tow point? I've only ever attached one because there doesn't appear to be room for two.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Loosely, that is I don’t wrap or tie the loop of the ropes at all, just put it on the hook and follow it with a the loop for the second tube. They are being held on the hook by gravity when at idle and by force when tubing.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Slight thread derailment... we are also on Cumberland. We are at Pleasant Hill.
We have the 212x and there is also a 242x on a lift there as well.

We always just single tubed. Might be fun to add a second next year.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Tube wars is a Blast!!!