• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Draft for our 19’ bouts?

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know what the draft of our 19’ boats on plane is?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Depends on the load but I have been in 16 inches of water with 4 people aboard in relatively calm water.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just trying to figure out what to set the draft on my depth finder.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I set mine at 3 ft, just in case I'm running hard and I don't notice it that way I will at least get a good heads up to slow down.....but out on the bay I choose routes that I know are safe, because the swells can be drastic and the tides have to be really monitored.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I run a shallow river. So I will probably set it for 2’, and hope for the best.

pete4180

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Per Yamaha Specs: Draft is 1' 4", I assume that's with an empty boat.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you talking about the alarm that sounds when you are in shallow water or loading on the trailer? How do you adjust or disable that, it scared the living hell out of me when I loaded my boat on the trailer.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I wasn't aware that the AR's had a depth gauge, us on the SX's don't :(, as far as alarms I would assume that if you get an alarm for depth then when you load on the trailer it would go off as well, I've tried to find a owners manual online but to no avail I'm sure @haknslash will have an answer!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you talking about the alarm that sounds when you are in shallow water or loading on the trailer? How do you adjust or disable that, it scared the living hell out of me when I loaded my boat on the trailer.
Yes the 192's and 195's have a temp and depth gauge, both SX and AR trim levels. It's not accurate but it's close enough to keep you out of trouble. You can set the depth alarm at different depths. Here's the info I stripped out from the owner's manual for you...

yamaha depth.jpg

Last edited:

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes the 192's and 195's have a temp and depth gauge, both SX and AR trim levels. It's not accurate but it's close enough to keep you out of trouble. you can set the depth alarm at different depths. Here's the info I stripped out from the owner's manual for you...

View attachment 73475
@haknslash what do you have yours set to and does your alarm go off when loading the boat on the trailer?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash what do you have yours set to and does your alarm go off when loading the boat on the trailer?
Mine is still set to the factory 3' setting and yes it is blaring loud when I load the boat on the trailer lol. I keep it at 3' because there are some shallow sloughs I like to venture down and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I guess I can get used to it, it scared the living crap out of me the last time.

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So if I have my transducer epoxied in at the bottom of the boat, why would I need to set the draft?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@Rickey498 I guess if you are very familiar with and are constantly monitoring your course and surroundings you may not need to set for the draft. But I think the reason you would consider setting the draft would be that most of us can momentarily be distracted by our passengers, the surroundings, etc and may drift from our intended course and preferred line. That's why I choose the 3 ft setting because as much as I hate to admit it I don't always have the level of concentration nor the situational awareness that was required in my previous profession, where hundreds of lives were at stake. Frankly having loved ones on board, whether they be friends/ family or both is a hell of a lot different. Depending on the speed we are travelling and sometimes not knowing the areas I need to bail to if another boater is not paying attention or just doesn't give a SH*T about what is going on, I think it is more than prudent to have an autonomous system let me know that we could run aground if we don't slow down or change course. Not preaching or casting aspersions but it can get REAL out on the water really quick and I never want to have to face my family or friends with the "I should have been on top of it" excuse if something bad happens. All due respect :winkingthumbsup"

Rickey498

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Rickey498 I guess if you are very familiar with and are constantly monitoring your course and surroundings you may not need to set for the draft. But I think the reason you would consider setting the draft would be that most of us can momentarily be distracted by our passengers, the surroundings, etc and may drift from our intended course and preferred line. That's why I choose the 3 ft setting because as much as I hate to admit it I don't always have the level of concentration nor the situational awareness that was required in my previous profession, where hundreds of lives were at stake. Frankly having loved ones on board, whether they be friends/ family or both is a hell of a lot different. Depending on the speed we are travelling and sometimes not knowing the areas I need to bail to if another boater is not paying attention or just doesn't give a SH*T about what is going on, I think it is more than prudent to have an autonomous system let me know that we could run aground if we don't slow down or change course. Not preaching or casting aspersions but it can get REAL out on the water really quick and I never want to have to face my family or friends with the "I should have been on top of it" excuse if something bad happens. All due respect :winkingthumbsup"
I have an alarm set on my depth finder, but I also have the draft set which puts me at ariund four feet. What I’m saying is why am I setting a draft when the transducer is already at the bottom of the boat. I shouldn’t have to account for the draft. I should just be able to set my alarm at three feet and be done with it. FYI I boat on a river that I know very well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My guess is your depth finder wants to know where the transducer is at relative to the water line. Perhaps it calculates that to give you a more accurate depth reading. I don't know as I don't have an aftermarket depth finder.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For larger vessels that may behave a draft like 6 or 10 feet you would need to know the offset of the transducer on the hull to the actual water line to work out anchoring and the such.. On these boats I don't worry about the off set. I want to know how skinny the water is under my keel!..