• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dragon's Tail motorcycle trip - anyone interested?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awhile ago there was some discussion about the Dragon's tail and some of you that might be interested. I am thinking about taking this trip over the next week or two and wanted to see if anyone else was interested.

Everyone would "ride their own ride" (aka, at their own speed) which for me will be moderate.

It would be like a Bimini but on bikes. Yamaha optionals

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hum Sounds like fun! I lived just outside Knoxville or 23 minuets from the bottom of the Dragon and rode it for 10 years and loved it!
Will you be riding down from PA or trailering? How many days will you be staying? I’m in Atlanta now just 3 hours or so away from the Drangon I could be tempted through the bike in the back of the truck for a weekend.
If you’ve never been there a lot of other sights to see on bikes near there too.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was planning to ride but if there are others, I might consider a uhaul trailer set up (10 hours away for me). I was thinking a day at dragon tail and could do another day in/around the area. It would be better if we could hit the dragon mid-week since weekends will be insane at this time.

Weds-Fri trip with Dragon ride on Thursday earlier morning could work

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Buddy and I have plans to trailer down from Louisville the 3rd weekend of September. Schedule can't get us there any sooner. We've VERY loosely planned the trip at this point. Hope to ride the dragon and some of the cherahola (sp?) highway

'10 Ducati Monster 696 and '12 Ducati Streetfighter 848

I'll subscribe for updates :)

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I've stayed in a few different cabins in the Townsend area over the years to ride the dragon, and split the weekend between the dragon and Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.