• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Drain Plug Light Warranty

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In 2016 I purchased an 8000 lumen Drain Plug Light from boatpluglight.com, I believe I was one of the first on the forum to do so and so I wanted to followup with my recent experience.

The week before Thanksgiving we went out on the boat with friends specifically to dive with Manta Rays here in Hawaii. All the commercial operators now use blue under water lights - which is exactly what I had.

We got to the site, moored to a ball and I turned on the light to start attracting plankton. Well, the.light failed within the first 30 minutes. I couldn't see any reason why.

I reached out to boatpluglight.com and communicated my issue with them. After a little bit of fact gathering on their end they sent me a new light. I did pay for shipping and also for a new light driver as the light they had to send me a newer version of the light.

All told I'm very happy with how the the process went and for the fact that they stood behind their product!

Here is the new light, tested in a bucket of water, in full daylight after the installation!
20201227_135954.jpg

They replaced my light as well. Did they ask if you used the light while on plane? They told me their lights were not meant to be used out of the water.
Here's my old light.
1609167531969.png

New light - said the black color was the improved version.
1609167697013.png

While we're on drain plug lights, this is what I picked up a while back. Underwater LED Drain Plug Light 1/2"
I'll be trying it out this next season. We almost never boat after the sun goes down but thought that going to Bimini and boating into the evening it would be nice to have it. How did you guys wire yours in?

You are right about not using it much. I maybe have 10 hours of light usage in the 4 years I've had the light.

With regards to wiring, I pulled a positive wire from a bus and ran it through a fuse box to a missle launch switch in the battery compartment. I didn't want any little hands being able to accidently turn it on.

They replaced my light as well. Did they ask if you used the light while on plane? They told me their lights were not meant to be used out of the water.
Here's my old light.
View attachment 139307

New light - said the black color was the improved version.
View attachment 139308
They never asked about using it on plane. Maybe because I told them it quit working while we were moored up.

Back