• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain Plug Light

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So I lost my drain plug this weekend, while on the water unfortunately. However, I was able to get the boat on the trailer before we suffered any damage to the engines. Was a pretty tense situation, but it all ended well. I was able to pickup a rubber screw plug from Walmart, and we were back on the water the next day.

So my question is, since I need to replace my drain plug, does anyone have recent experience with the drain plug lights? I searched through the forums and most posts were several years old, just curious if there is a brand that stands out, brands to avoid, any issues replacing or cabling the lights?

Thanks,

Mike

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I lost my drain plug this weekend, while on the water unfortunately. However, I was able to get the boat on the trailer before we suffered any damage to the engines. Was a pretty tense situation, but it all ended well. I was able to pickup a rubber screw plug from Walmart, and we were back on the water the next day.

So my question is, since I need to replace my drain plug, does anyone have recent experience with the drain plug lights? I searched through the forums and most posts were several years old, just curious if there is a brand that stands out, brands to avoid, any issues replacing or cabling the lights?

Thanks,

Mike
What boat ?

Cut2thechase

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I did a decent amount of research on this before purchasing one for our VRX. I went with a Titan from boatpluglight. It has 2X 8000 lumen blue only lights that use our existing 3 hole mounting screws. Paid $15 for the 1/2" mini ball valve drain plug, tightened it on with plumbers tape.

I honestly haven't installed it yet, plan to next weekend so I can't speak to how bright it actually is. I have a friend who has the single 8000 lumen light and it's deeper in the water than ours will be and it's pretty bright, in Massachusetts water.

Not much support for installing it on a VRX but lots of videos on YouTube for your Yamaha. I would think you would have a prewired switch on your dash you could run the power wire to.

Good luck with it!

Nexus

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I installed lights from boatpluglight.com . You can see what they look like here. I actually replaced the entire plug (male and female) but you can get just the plugs.

Here's a more detailed post on my install.

Last edited:

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Carry flex seal tape. Works on holes and is about 4” wide