• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drain plugs in water

NH190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hopefully going to launch my new to me 2016 SX190 soon. It will be wet slipped for the summer. I'm trying to get an idea of what plugs to leave in while in the water. It will have a bow and cockpit cover so hopefully should stay mostly dry. Only obvious ones are the 2 stern plugs. Ski locker, engine and fuel compartment plugs? Not sure on those.

Waterpusher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Ski locker drains to the engine area and the bilge will turn on automatically if waters coming in. Not sure about removing the other plugs but definitely leave the stern plugs in :watching:

TreeRX

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wet slip and leave all the plugs open. If your boat is like the 24 footers, the ski locker drains to the fuel compartment, which drains to the engine compartment, which drains to the bilge.
If you ever have water pooling up in the ski locker, it means you have a lot of water in the bilge.
I would also recommend a 2nd bilge pump wired directly to your battery and “tow valves” for wet slipping.

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Two thumbs up on the second bilge.

On my 2017 190 the ski locker doesnt empty into the gas locker, it empties into the bilge. Additionally the anchor locker does drain into the ski locker (small hole in bottom, no plug there).

Waterpusher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
The bilge is already wired directly to the battery