• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drains in the fuel tank area?

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my boat today, nasty under all the covers...

The fuel tank area is full of nasty ass water. almost over the fuel tank. Looks like the lid needs a new seal. Is there a drain that may be blocked in here? I am thinking i may need to buy a small pond pump to drain this all

20180503_182728.jpg 20180503_182730.jpg 20180503_182835.jpg 20180503_184529.jpg

Last edited:

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a plug in the engine compartment on the wall that seperates the fuel compartment from the engine compartment.. Its on the wall.. Take out the drain plug before u open it.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There should be a drain plug in the engine compartment I believe. There is on the 2015's.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There should be two drain plugs in your engine compartment. One that drains from the fuel area into the engine compartment and one that drains from there into the bilge. Make sure they are both open.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That got it, also saw my courtesy lights for the first time.

next challenge, my front railing is loose, how do I get to the nut to tighten it?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is it the stbrd side ? LOL
you take the cushion off and then reach underneath and between the hull and side cushion. Be careful not to break the electrical cables ( ie horn).
Also make sure you wear LONG SLEEVES.
I think it is either 12mm, 13, or 14mm.

@bronze_10 I got this one first.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup. I'll tackle that tomorrow.
I had two rebuild kits for the cleanout plugs in my amazon cart but one of you shmucks ordered two before I could and now amazon only has one available...:D

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had two rebuild kits for the cleanout plugs in my amazon cart but one of you shmucks ordered two before I could and now amazon only has one available...:D
whoever it is, I am sure he/she will plea the 5th.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
off to bed, tried to find a guide on adding a battery to the boat as I only h ave one.

Sounds like I need a peako/pekso/pesko switch, a tray, wires to the switch for each battery. This should allow me to listen to music without fear of drainging the starter battery.