• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drift Sock / Sea Anchor? Any real users on here?

flyin_dutchman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am wanting "real user" info on what brand/size you used and how you used (deployed) it?
I am needing to use one for slowing down my drift rate across the lake, so just curious as to your experience?

Thanks
Dave

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r dont you use one of these? I though I remember a post you had a long time ago talking about the one you use.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I do, thanks for the @, I have one about 3' long and made of some kind of vinyl I think, with a wind sock shape only more pronouced widening and narrowing than a windsock. It will absolutely slow your drift. I have used it to slow my swing rate on the anchor successfully. Many vendors charge enormous prices for these, not sure why. I bought mine at Academy Sports for around $25-30. You can use them in an emergency to slow your drift too should you break down.
drift anchor.jpg