• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drive on jet ski dock recommendations

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been looking to get a jet ski for a couple years now, but those plans were put on hold since we ended up buying a place on the lake. Now that I am on the lake, I am looking to get a ski next spring. I will need some type of port, drive on dock, etc.

Prices seem to range from $1200-ish to over $3,000. Can anyone with experience offer some suggestions?

Assume jet ski is the size, weight of a Yamaha FX HO cruiser.

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do some research here, on greenhulk.net and pwctoday.com. I've read where some of the drive-on docks can be hard on the NanoXcel hulls.

-Greg

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are all similar. You can build one with a float. I did that for a 12' rib. Hinge on the dock and float on the rear. Only cost a few hundred.

Partradams

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
NA
I recently started learning to ride a jet ski and made a small pier for my jet ski. Therefore, it's good that I was able to find this post and learn more new things. I think this information will help us while we are building the pier. I also learned about jet skis from https://boatcrunch.com/how-to-drive-a-jet-ski/, and after that, I started getting more into it. I'm also interested if it depends on the jet ski model because, as I understand, they come in different sizes. I should measure my jet ski or find out its dimensions online. It'll be much more convenient and reasonable. Also, if you can advise something more, I'll be glad to read it.

Last edited: