• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dry Bags for Yamaha SX230 / AR230 Ski Locker

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been searching for dry bags for our Bimini trip and found that two of the Extra Large Kwik Tek Dry Pak Waterproof Duffel Bags will just fit in the SX230 ski locker. They do a good job of maximizing the space and were $54 each from Amazon. The top rolls over to seal out water and they can be worn as a back pack. They are large enough that we should be able to get our 5 days of clothing for our family of four into two bags. They should be waterproof as long as the ski locker does not fill to the top of the bag.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That fold over seal is way better than it looks! I have many small bags with similar fold over flaps that you can dive with and no water gets it.

upperdeck

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've seen them used on whitewater rafting trips where the entire boat is underwater. Everything stays dry with those type of seals.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have several of these Bruce. They come in various sizes and are more similar to a stuff pouch. They are very durable and pretty much waterproof except for not rated for "underwater". They weigh only ounces, and are quick and easy. There is a big assortment of them at Cabelas or any outdoor sports store, the climbers and campers use them.
Screen Shot 2014-06-11 at 10.14.21 AM.png

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'60-Ltr-Roll-Top-Duffel-OB1012R_45d.jpg itemImage_111_1_18_19_19_15.jpg ve been using Overboard bags for a couple of years. They are a little more expensive, but the quality is outstanding. They have both "waterproof" and "water resistant" bags and even have backpacks!

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have been searching for dry bags for our Bimini trip and found that two of the Extra Large Kwik Tek Dry Pak Waterproof Duffel Bags will just fit in the SX230 ski locker. They do a good job of maximizing the space and were $54 each from Amazon. The top rolls over to seal out water and they can be worn as a back pack. They are large enough that we should be able to get our 5 days of clothing for our family of four into two bags. They should be waterproof as long as the ski locker does not fill to the top of the bag.

nice....ordering two!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have used these dry bags for two years and are very happy with them. We pack our clothes for the tows and Bimini for the four of us in two of the dry bags. I am able to put a bag on each shoulder to walk in and out of the hotels we stay at during the tows.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have used these dry bags for two years and are very happy with them. We pack our clothes for the tows and Bimini for the four of us in two of the dry bags. I am able to put a bag on each shoulder to walk in and out of the hotels we stay at during the tows.
110L each...that's a huge bag!!!