• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dry Bilge - Finally

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So as many have posted their bilge is not always dry after a day on the water. In the process of doing some other mods I discovered cup holder drain lines had come off, the drain line for the bilge hatch was pinched and the through hull fitting for it was only finger tight. I fixed the isuue by installing new cupholer drain lines using surgical tubing and new through hull lines using ballast hose. I applied new silicone everywhere something pieces the hull. The result. I also have a new garboard plug with slightly larger O ring. The result ... bone dry bilge!

Those cup holder lines in the swim deck are a joke and secured with tiny zip ties. Well not so secure but surgical tubing fixed that.

Last edited:

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah - What is the garboars plug? Are you referring to replacing the main drain plug?

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah - What is the garboars plug? Are you referring to replacing the main drain plug?
I meant to type garboard plug and yes that is the main drain plug at the stern. I tried to get the receiver replaced under warranty as I had been through three plugs and they all leaked pointing to the receiver. I even proved it by filling the hull the bilge on a hill (bow up) until the bilge kicked on and took video of the leaking out of the plug. Local dealer determined that the o ring on the plug was not making a good seal against the receiver and tried going with a thicker o ring. It worked so even though the aluminum receiver may have been poorly machined the net result is no leak so I am happy.