• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dry rot quick fix for the diamond grey interior.

joby1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So my 2008 SX230 was neglected for a few years. The grey areas of the interior dry rotted and looked horrible. So thought I'd do a little cheap DIY and remedy the dry rot instead of replacing the interior and costing a lot of money. So I ordered some of the Flex Seal liquid and brushed it on the damaged areas completely covering over the dark grey dry rotted areas. The areas are now light grey but it worked like a champ. The Flex seal levels itself out and looks good. Some of the rougher areas you can see some texter but for a quick fix its awesome. Use liberally and let the first coat dry (don't add to the partially dried areas it will glob up). So the feeling of the Flex Seal is a rubber and a grippy feel, not a ruff feel but a rubber feel. Don't fret if it gets on other areas it cleans up pretty easy, no need to tape off areas if you have a steady hand to apply with a paint brush. Hope this may help someone save some money.

joby1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will try to post from my phone. New to site haven't tried posting pics yet.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
need a picture as this is a common problem with the horrible diamond grey material,

joby1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm very surprise how it turned out. Will try to get pics later this afternoon.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
certainly has the rubber look to it, anything is better than my dry rot though, I might have tried this if I didn't have splits and complete rot through and planning interior replacement this winter,

thanks for posting,

joby1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you do have splits you may try a layer of duct tape of the area the flex seal should be thick enough to cover the lines of the tape. The very forward cover of mine is really bad tried Gorilla tape but would not stick, duct tape may, just haven't had time to try.