• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dry Suit Recomendations

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I live in a Northern state so our boating/water sports season is short and in addition to that, the water can be pretty cold in late spring and early fall. For many years I have used a shorty wetsuit for water sports in cold water. However as I've gotten older it's less fun jumping into water temperatures below 70 degrees (I know I'm becoming a wuss). I want/need a dry suit to enjoy the water a little bit longer each season. As an added bonus, when the water is cooler there is a lot less traffic on the lake.

I'm looking for recommendations on different types of dry suits for water sports. If you have any post em up. Thanks!

Last edited:

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife is an instructor and likes DUI drysuits. This is what she bought. They are top of the line I'm told. I'm a fair weather diver so no dry suit for me! I might regret that if we dive Erie or Superior this year.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have an Ocean Rodeo Soul drysuit and it is awesome. It is designed for watersports (specifically kiteboarding and SUP) and has great mobility (even with the all latex seals). It is easy to get in and out (but there is a method to it, and you need to make sure your shoulders will fit the zip), and has a pee zip and can be worn cleanly while still unzipped. It is extremely expensive (over $700), and Ocean Rodeo has a great customer service reputation (although they goofed up my order twice, they did correct it and I got a half price fleece out of it). It also has a well thought out hood/attachment, side pockets, mp3 player pocket, and kiteboarding harness space. It looks like a pair of snowboard pants and jacket, so you won't look too odd if you stop somewhere in public.

It keeps you plenty warm (I put on their long john and shorty fleece baselayers as temperature dictates) and keeps you completely dry... Except for a good fall, when you can get damp sleeves/ankles/neck if you land just right(wrong) and a slight bit of water gets pushed past the seal(s). With tight fitting booties and gloves over the seals you can stay essentially 100% dry.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@steined @spatty99 thanks for the recommendations

@spatty99 I think I still owe you a call about your inside wakeboard forks. I need to find someone willing to part with theirs.

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I should note, the DUI drysuit is very very expensive. Hopefully it is a once in a lifetime purchase though!

steined

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I started out looking at the obrien and gladiator ones from overtons and barts. They run about 300 or so.
You know re-reading this. I didn't see any mention of diving. Forget the DUI then :) I guess you see what you want to see sometimes :)

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
o'neill boost drysuit $383 at active water sports in beaverton, or no sales tax plus free shipping over $99. i just bought one and tried it out over the weekend. works great and kept me toasty in 55 degree water. @jetboater4life

image.jpg

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
o'neill boost drysuit $383 at active water sports in beaverton, or no sales tax plus free shipping over $99. i just bought one and tried it out over the weekend. works great and kept me toasty in 55 degree water. @jetboater4life

View attachment 4108
@bobbie Awesome, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

@steined I reread my first post too and when I say "jumping in", for those in the diving community that probably triggered diving suits. No problem. I'll edit it to make it more clear.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If y'all lived down South in God's Country, there would be no need for this thread @!
LOL. Forgive me ...... It's so hard to resist being like this !
Best Wishes to all ......... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA