• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Drying the floor coolers

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My floor coolers always end up with a bit of water left over in them... the front from the "backup" anchor and fenders, the rear from melted ice and hosing it out. I can never get it drained completely, which either means I end up with crusted "stuff" after something has "grown" in it and later dried out, or from the anchor rope, which never dries out.

This time I cleaned out both of the coolers completely, and happened to finish off a bottle of some Sprite-like stuff my wife gets at the same time. A flash of inspiration led to the following:
The rear hatch I can just leave open when the boat's covered, but the front now has a bottle wedged in to keep the door up, but not enough to affect the anti-pooling pole. The length of the bottle evens out any stress on the hatch or the cooler lip and we always have empty plastic bottles after a trip. I checked a couple days after doing this... coolers are dry. :)