• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dual Batteries Wiring and Voltmeters 2015 242 LS

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Others have better input on chargers than I do. I know @MikeyL prefers Minn Kota. @ChargerGuy sells some other ones refurbished.

I still have my little cheap tender hooked to both batteries. Not what I would recommend, but one can only upgrade so many things at a time. ..

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok- so I may be making progress .....@MikeyL was kind enough to give me a phone number to call. Thanks very much for the great conversation and time spent with me on the phone ........Mikey and I went cable by cable to check to see if something was connected wrong.
We found that the small black wire from (DVSR) on the battery bank was connected to the positive post on a battery terminal. That was different from Mickey's wiring and from the diagram @subysti posted. So we corrected the connection.
Again thanks Mikey!
Great ~! It was by sincerest pleasure to be able to assist you, and I am so happy I feel we have found and corrected the problem. Another valuable asset of this important forum of "brothers." :thumbsup:
Jack .... Wishing you nothing but the greatest of boating years ever ! Enjoy that 242 LS !
We went out in Miss B'Haven today, and Barbie (the "Miss B" in Miss B'Haven) was even more thrilled with her boat than last time. The 2015 24-foot Yamahas are each an EASY $20,000 improvement over a 2014, or any previous year's 24-foot Yamahas.
Take Care, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't completely read through all of this so someone may have already pointed it out, but you are not supposed to have the parallel switch on. That is only supposed to be used if your start battery is too low to turn over the engines. If you turn that to off each battery will discharge at a different rate.

Edit: I am assuming that photo is just for reference and you aren't running the parallel switch on. I was just making a quick observation that after reading more doesn't seem to be your issue. My apologies.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I haven't completely read through all of this so someone may have already pointed it out, but you are not supposed to have the parallel switch on. That is only supposed to be used if your start battery is too low to turn over the engines. If you turn that to off each battery will discharge at a different rate.

Edit: I am assuming that photo is just for reference and you aren't running the parallel switch on. I was just making a quick observation that after reading more doesn't seem to be your issue. My apologies.
Yeah. That pic is from the internet. I run mine in the off position always, which is why I am concerned that either something is wrong wiring-wise or with the switch itself.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah. That pic is from the internet. I run mine in the off position always, which is why I am concerned that either something is wrong wiring-wise or with the switch itself.[/QUOTE]
And as we all now know, in this case @OperationROL you are once again ... CORRECT !
The dealer's service dept, when they installed the 2 InterState batteries, connected the
black - NEGATIVE small wire from the battery switch to THE POSITIVE post on the battery !@
I can understand how they do this, as the wire is small, and only has a TAG on it labelled
"NEG" ........... LOL !
Totally understandable how they could make this mistake .......... LOL ! :wtf:
Y'all play nicely now today in the sandbox. I gotta run.