• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Dumb but handy tip

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of use crazy glue in some form. Although it dries fast it never seems to dry fast enough. You can buy accelerants but you never have some around when you need it. What works instead? Eye glass cleaner (or I am sure water). Spray some liquid eye glass cleaner on the applied glue and hold it tight for 10sec. I am gluing some crown molding in my kitchen and it makes an unbreakable joint in about 15 seconds. Hope this helps someone. Cam.

Ps apparenly water or alchohol will work. I never got to try a weak mix as the glass cleaner was so effective.

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow I'll remember this next time me or one of the kids cut ourselves!

Krazy Glue... better than a trip to the ER and stitches!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thanks for the tip!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Great tip! I will try this next time.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Speaking of cuts...Visine eye drops work GREAT to stop bleeding. It's a vascular constrictor. Keep a bottle in your first aid kit.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) on black widow spider bites. It's a vascular dilator (promotes circulation) which counteracts the spider poisons and prevents the flesh around the bite from dying. Nitroglycerine patches are even better but I don't have those. I have used the DMSO twice now with great results. Cam.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
ummm.....quit letting black widows bite you!!!

cwoav8r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the greatest glue in the world (my opinion) http://www.jetglues.com/index.shtml

I have bottles that are years old and they still bond like new... keep them in the refrigerator (I have a glue shelf in the garage fridge)... just remember to take the bottle out and let it thaw a little before you use it.

A tablespoon of baking soda (or Alka Seltzer, but it can make the CA cloudy) in about 8 ounces of water and sprayed on with a small spray bottle works great.

You can also put the accelerator on one side of a joint and CA on the other and then put them together.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had an opportunity to try the visine trick. It definitely slowed then stopped the bleeding (nasty razor knife cut) and I was able to continue working after applying a thin bead of crazy glue. Cam.

ps. funny story about visine. I was driving at night with a friend as a passenger he grabbed the visine out of the glove box and squirted it in his eye. It was pitch black and what he really had was the cassette tape cleaner fluid (remember the cassette??) pure alcohol. Ouch!!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Yikes....that had to hurt his eye..

I know the visine works on a cut... glad it worked, sorry about your cut.