• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DVSR Light

drjames1107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I asked this Question on the other Forum but nobody answered, maybe I will have better luck here?

Ok so I never asked this question because I just assumed it was not a problem. But I just looked at another boat and its different. SO here is whats happening. ( and this also is what was going on before my battery add/mod so its not something i did ).

ok so I have a 2013 242LS which comes with the factory DVSR and two batteries ( i have 3 now ). When I get back from a day of boating I hook up an very nice automatic charger(its no cheapie so thats not the problem). No matter which battery I hook it up to first the DVSR light comes on, after charging that battery to full I usually switch to another battery and so on. I leave all 3 switches in the off position

When I'm all done i unhook the charger and the DVSR light stays on and it will stay on for days. The only way to get it to turn off is to start the engine for a minute and start the stereo for a minute. Then the light turns off.

The light was just on for 5 days so I went out and tested the batteries and all were 12.64, 12.64 and 12.61 volts so it does not seem like I am getting a draw the stereo worked fine and boat started right up. Any clues to this, or do I have nothing to worry about??

**ok I did make 1 small change I moved the black DVSR wire from the start battery to the House battery because I was told that was the correct hookup.

Please Help!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
It's not just saying it is maintaining the battery is it? Perhaps someone with the system will chime in

TechRider

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@David James
ok so I have a 2013 242LS which comes with the factory DVSR and two batteries ( i have 3 now ). When I get back from a day of boating I hook up an very nice automatic charger(its no cheapie so thats not the problem). No matter which battery I hook it up to first the DVSR light comes on, after charging that battery to full I usually switch to another battery and so on. I leave all 3 switches in the off position
That is normal, the DVSR light will come on indicating batteries are in parallel after 13.4 volts are reached. Light will stay on even after charger is removed until the voltage goes below 12.8 volts. Not sure if you have a DVSR or DVR so the cut in and out voltages are listed below in the chart.
pro507f332a1f818.jpg

@David James
When I'm all done i unhook the charger and the DVSR light stays on and it will stay on for days. The only way to get it to turn off is to start the engine for a minute and start the stereo for a minute. Then the light turns off.
The light was just on for 5 days so I went out and tested the batteries and all were 12.64, 12.64 and 12.61 volts so it does not seem like I am getting a draw the stereo worked fine and boat started right up. Any clues to this, or do I have nothing to worry about??
**ok I did make 1 small change I moved the black DVSR wire from the start battery to the House battery because I was told that was the correct hookup.
I don't think you have anything to worry about. The only thing you mentioned that sounds strange Is the light staying on for days. Can you confirm your setup is what is indicated in the picture below except with a 3rd battery.

Looking at the image below the black wire should go to Neg Bus and the only modification should be the red loop wire which will allow you to use a dual bank charger when in storage mode. The DVSR will not be engaged when you use the bypass as indicated by the red dotted line below. You can insert a switch here or others have connected this to a positive circuit that only comes on when the engines are on.

The only reason your DVSR light should remain on is if the voltage is above 13.4 volts indicating your second battery is charging. This light will remain on until the voltage dips below the cut out voltage of 12.8 volts. By cranking the engines you will dip below that mark. I am not sure what your setup looks like maybe you can show some pics and more detail on where you ran the black wire.
DVSRbattery.jpg

Last edited: