• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

DVSR Switch for Dummies

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ok, what's a quick rundown on the switch positions on the Yamaha DSVR? When on Battery 1 does it only charge 1 battery and Battery 2 the same result etc? Does switch need to be on Battery 1 & 2 to charge both using its own internal switch?

Keep in mind I do not need external power for charging port. I have seen the threads covering this and did not cover what I was looking for, unless I am blind!

Sorry, this came with installation instructions but nothing to indicate the switch settings and I have looked EVERY WHERE!

Thanks

Battery2.jpg

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When on 1, it will charge battery 1 up to full. Then charges battery 2. Vice versa when the switch is on 2.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks Kevin.....makes sense....so then what is the "battery 1&2" position for?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cool....so starting put on both. im getting this.....lol

So is it best if accessories, radio etc are hooked to #2 should you keep switch on #1 or #2?

If you have on 1&2 when mooring listening to radio does this drain from both during this time?

Thanks for all the answers....just don't want to have this and not be much help to me....lol.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
haha i never even thought about this with regard to charging. Does this apply to the charging that occurs while underway?

@latitudeadjuster I believe it will draw from both batteries when on 1&2. At anchor we set it to 2 for running the stereo/charger etc. so that battery 1 will be ready to start the engines.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only use 1&2 in emergencies situations, like both batteries are really low and won't start. What it does is combining the batteries to give you more voltage.
For the other question, what kind of batteries do you have? One starting and one deep cycle, or both starting, ect.....?

Last edited:

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
haha i never even thought about this with regard to charging. Does this apply to the charging that occurs while underway?.
Yes, the motors will charge the batteries while running. Cool thing about dvsr is it will charge the battery being used, then charges the other battery after it's full. Even if you drain the "in use" battery, you can still start your motors by switching to the other battery.

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
haha i never even thought about this with regard to charging. Does this apply to the charging that occurs while underway?

@latitudeadjuster I believe it will draw from both batteries when on 1&2. At anchor we set it to 2 for running the stereo/charger etc. so that battery 1 will be ready to start the engines.
LOL....yes underway charging....guess I was in deep thoughts.....need some Dorito's huh....lmao

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes, the motors will charge the batteries while running. Cool thing about dvsr is it will charge the battery being used, then charges the other battery after it's full. Even if you drain the "in use" battery, you can still start your motors by switching to the other battery.
Got ya....I would prolly use two starting. Don't think I need deep cycle yet, maybe next go around.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got ya....I would prolly use two starting. Don't think I need deep cycle yet, maybe next go around.
I usually uses battery 1 for one outing, then switch to battery 2 on the next outing. Then back to battery 1. You got the idea. ;)

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Cool, yea...I would alternate as well.

NOW....not to get complicated as the other thread charging....I use solar charger....works great on one battery same as a trickle charger. So, would the switch work the same with running power to change and switch batteries or is that another ballgame? (per the other thread) I am guessing auto would not work in this situation.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you link the solar charger you are using?

latitudeadjuster

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score