• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E Series Stern Light

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I've tried, and tried and tried to get the stern/anchor light up on my E Series tower and to no avail. Is there a trick to getting that thing up into position? I've pushed, pulled, pried everything short of snapping it off and it will not budge. Is there a tightener screw that loosens to allow it to move in the "teeth" of the bracket? Is there a button somewhere I'm missing, is it automatic when I turn the light on (LOL would be awesome though)?

I give up, what's the catch?

Stern light.JPG

Thanks!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There is a lever on the base of the light. .. you reach thru the Bimini and pull the lever, and pull the light up (left to right). Then push the lever to lockScreenshot_2017-05-17-20-43-17.jpg . To put it down you do the opposite.

t.gordon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
you have to loosen the screw just a bit or you will break the light like I did mine.

TG

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
you have to loosen the screw just a bit or you will break the light like I did mine.

TG
That's what I was wondering.... I have been close several times to the breaking point and stopped. Thanks for the heads up!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I broke my first one and had the dealer replace it. I got the second one and have left it up since the last time we were out at night. I am not able to put the light up through the zipper bimini - I couldn't get the right leverage so I had to climb on the space in front of the cabin windows and do it from there. Either way, its not easy.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just FYI....if you ever break your 242 Limited SE anchor light, call Attwood Marine Products (They make those lights) and speak to a customer service rep. They can get you just the mount, so you dont have to buy the entire assembly like you do from Yamaha....much cheaper! AND....when I talked to them, I explained what happened....they sent me the replacement FREE!!!! Cant beat that!!!!

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/all-around-fold-down

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just FYI....if you ever break your 242 Limited SE anchor light, call Attwood Marine Products (They make those lights) and speak to a customer service rep. They can get you just the mount, so you dont have to buy the entire assembly like you do from Yamaha....much cheaper! AND....when I talked to them, I explained what happened....they sent me the replacement FREE!!!! Cant beat that!!!!

http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/all-around-fold-down
I just called them because I needed just the mount (616-897-9241) press 9 and the customer service rep was extremely nice and is sending a replacement free of charge. Attwood Customer service rocks!!! :winkingthumbsup"

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So far, I’ve been able to find the answer to every question I come across on this boat.

I, umm, err, ah; I kinda broke my anchor light mount today!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Attwood Marine

chrisjacobson18

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just called them because I needed just the mount (616-897-9241) press 9 and the customer service rep was extremely nice and is sending a replacement free of charge. Attwood Customer service rocks!!! :winkingthumbsup"
Is it easy to replace the bracket? I just broke mine last night because I didn’t know how it went up and snapped the bracket.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yes it is easy. I think you have to remove the light, wiring has small connectors. Then unscrew old bracket and reverse what you just did.