• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

E6000 Adhesive, Anybody tried it?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wondering if anyone on the board has tried this adhesive and has any longevity reviews? I have been looking around at my local stores and cannot find 3M 5200 so I am wondering if this might be a substitute. I have bought some and I have a test piece already on a piece of card board and it seems tough just like 5200!! Self leveling and supposed to be good for thru hull fittings and constant water contact.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have never used it but almost bought some today, I've been calling around locally for some 5200, academy sports said they "probably" had it, I saw the 6000 stuff and almost got it but then found a tube of 5200 in a different area.

Captbob

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found 5200 in Home Depot or what its worth.

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Auto zone by me has it.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Think I am going to give it a go. I have enough 5200 to do my thru hull fittings on the bottom of the boat but I am going to try this stuff in the intake to seal up the missing sealant. If it doesn't last no harm no foul, if it does work then that would be great!

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have also used a sikaflex equivalent with great results. Cam.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that is the stuff I found at Walmart when I found that my 5200 was dried out when I was installing my SeaDek. Only been in for a couple of months, and it is only filling the snap holes inside the boat. So, not sure that I really have much to offer on the longevity bit, but it does seem to work...