• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Easy oil change

70raven

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased a Milwaukee cordless transfer pump. This little pump is awesome. It has garden hose fittings on both in and out. It's self priming. It is designed for water up to 140° , but I have done multiple oil transfers hot and cold just to test out, without failure. I bought hose fittings with 1/4 In push connectors. The 1/4 hose will fit down dip stick tube into oil pan. In stall battery and pull oil out of pan into waste container SIMPLE, FAST, SND NEAT.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
how long did it take to pump out the oil. i just did my watercraft and took literally 20-30 min, and had to pump it all the time.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how long did it take to pump out the oil. i just did my watercraft and took literally 20-30 min, and had to pump it all the time.
The key is to warm up the engine, or do it while it's still hot-ish. Huge difference in flow.

--

Last edited:

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Impeller and seals in the pump is not rated for fuel/oil petroleum products. I had a friend that was using one to pump diesel and it destroyed it.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not to rain on your parade @70raven but reading through the Milwaukee manual on this pump I came across this in bold print.
This pump has been evaluated for use with clear water only. I hope it continues working for you.

Rustynuts

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats the same one I got. Didnt have air in the pole building so just used the pump and it had all the oil out in about 6-8 minutes just using the hand pump.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Same here! Love this thing, extract both engines in no time, take it to the autozone recycling, no mess.
(well, other than dealing with the oil filter, lol)

--
Ha. I'm doing that next time. I tried pouring it back into the empty bottles. First 7 went fine, spilled the rest all over my freshly sealed driveway.

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just picked one of these up. Do you place the hose into the dip stick or into the oil fill hole to extract? I have read people doing different methods.
I go through the dipstick hole, push it down til it hits the bottom of the oil pan.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have that similar unit with only the manual function it would be great if they sold a bolt on kit looks like some holes drilled and it would be ready to bolt on. I guess it creates negative pressure somehow

Friday, March 22, 2019.jpg

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just picked one of these up. Do you place the hose into the dip stick or into the oil fill hole to extract? I have read people doing different methods.
Dipstick hole. Also helps to lower the trailer (bow) jack when do this, to get more oil out.

--

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
"I guess it creates negative pressure somehow"
Venturi effect. Compressed air passed through a narrowing passage, with a hole laterally at the narrow part. Sucks up stuff through the hole (air in this case, creating a vacuum--unless you over fill the container, then it will make a nice oil aerosol).

Sorry. That was just click bait for us geeks.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How much oil can I expect to get out of each motor (mr1) also 10-40 is fin? synthetic/non synthetic? Need to do this for the year