• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

electrical issues

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, having a little issue. 07 ar 230 engines are fine but nothing else works. no stereo, fan, lights, bilge where are the fuses at? Any other ideas?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Look for a fuse near your battery
It may be attached to the wall or tucked up and not easily seen

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks, I will check this evening.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Could not find a fuse but I checked the 2 house batteries and both registered 6 volts. starting battery 12 volts. Took them to advance and they said the bats were shot. I had the 2 batteries wired together and on a tender. both went bad, any suggestions on why? one was a yellow top one was a blue top.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think even with low batteries you would still get a light or some radio function,
I have no idea about battery wiring since I only have a single stock battery,
I will post pictures of mine and the fuse screwed to the wall, it could be that whoever installed your second battery took the accessory fuse out although I don't know why,

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20170710_203347.jpg

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing lit up. not even the switch lights. I installed the 2nd and 3rd batteries myself along with the ACR and switch several years ago. I have never had an issue till last weekend.