• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

End of Summer Deals AR240

Mike23

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi

Just curious if anybody has heard of any good deals on a 2017 AR240 for end of summer clearance? I had a dealer reach out to me for out the door price of $49,397. + tax

Is this a good deal or is it better to wait for the boat shows this winter?

Thanks!

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi

Just curious if anybody has heard of any good deals on a 2017 AR240 for end of summer clearance? I had a dealer reach out to me for out the door price of $49,397. + tax

Thanks!
That's probably about as good as it will get. I would go ahead and jump on that.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What did you decide to do? Seeing any better deals coming? I'm thinking about getting into the Yamahas and trying to decide whether to buy now or next spring.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hi

Thanks!
Been seeing used as high as 47 with options installed etc so brand new thats great

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm about to list mine for $45. . . .
That is a good price too!

I actually saw a couple nice ones from texas flooding pop up already. Most promising one had no compression on one motor and i am sure ecu was soaked. So tempting for me. Every boat starts as a project for me!

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We paid $5100 plus tax for our AR240 3 weeks ago. Even got the dealer to include the nice premium cover too.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We paid $5100 plus tax for our AR240 3 weeks ago. Even got the dealer to include the nice premium cover too.
Wow $5100, you really stole that one. He he

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was so excited to actually type out how much I went in debt that I forgot a zero.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its all worth it.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on past year, when's the best time to get a boat. I'm in Ohio...so boating season has passed. Looking at what timing would give the best deals...there are at least I have 2 dealers within 2 hours and each still have 2 AR-240's in stock. Seems like there should be some room to negotiate.

@Overtime81 : What all did you get included in your deal?

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Based on past year, when's the best time to get a boat. I'm in Ohio...so boating season has passed. Looking at what timing would give the best deals...there are at least I have 2 dealers within 2 hours and each still have 2 AR-240's in stock. Seems like there should be some room to negotiate.

@Overtime81 : What all did you get included in your deal?
Now would be a good time. Yamaha is offering 2.99% until 9/30 and 2 additional years of warranty for free. I got the dealer to throw in a deluxe premium cover and free storage for the winter. A 2017 AR240 should be between $49,999 and $51,999. I paid $51000 for mine 3 weeks ago

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a good price too!

I actually saw a couple nice ones from texas flooding pop up already. Most promising one had no compression on one motor and i am sure ecu was soaked. So tempting for me. Every boat starts as a project for me!
@Speedling where are you seeing those boats? I am looking for a boat that needs motors as I have an 08 AR230 with a busted hull but good engines....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling where are you seeing those boats? I am looking for a boat that needs motors as I have an 08 AR230 with a busted hull but good engines....
Easiest to see is all the ebay stuff. Read your fine print!
In a couple weeks a lot will be showing up on Copart which auctions off insurance totals.

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hi

Thanks!
@Mike23 I’m not sure exactly where you are from, but In Goldsboro, NC Performance East is selling a 2017 242 Limited S for $56,597. I just scooped up a 2017 242XE otherwise I would have went after it. One thing most people don’t consider is the additional 3 years of YES (4 years total) currently being offered. That translates to roughly $3,500 off for twin engine models. IMHO, the best factory incentives begin in January for year old models, but you run a big risk of them selling out. Atleast selling out of what you want. From what I’ve seen, Yamaha usually offers UP TO $2k off or 4 additional years YES (5 total). With that in mind, I decided to strike while it was available as the 3 year YES is still worth more than the $2k incentive. I hope this helps and good luck finding THE ONE.

https://performanceeast.com/Power-Boats-Inboard-Yamaha-242-LTD-S-2017-Goldsboro-NC-234ada6f-4eb7-419d-8a55-a6ab0122d25d