• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ending the season at 101 Hours, What service or preventive maintenance is recommended at this point?

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, I got my boat late this year, 2015 215HO with the twin 200hp motors. Im going to end the year at about 100-105 hours on the boat. To my knowledge, nothing besides routine maintenance has been performed on the boat. I plan to do the basics while winterizing, such as oil change, spark plugs and checking the o2 sensors, however i did already replace a few.

What else is reccomended at the 100 hour mark? Do i have some serious super charger work to do?

Thanks!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Super charger is supposed to get done at 200h.
Don't forget fuel stabilizer and purge the water out of the exhaust with either compressed air or RV antifreeze.
They recommend you replace the coolant (green antifreeze) every 2 years. Based on your hours... maybe should be done? It's pretty easy to do.
Check all clamps and don't over tighten them. Don't ask me why I say that. lol
Optional, remove the pump, pop the nose cone off, replace the two very inexpensive o rings and fill with new XPS grease.

That's about it.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super charger is supposed to get done at 200h.
Don't forget fuel stabilizer and purge the water out of the exhaust with either compressed air or RV antifreeze.
They recommend you replace the coolant (green antifreeze) every 2 years. Based on your hours... maybe should be done? It's pretty easy to do.
Check all clamps and don't over tighten them. Don't ask me why I say that. lol
Optional, remove the pump, pop the nose cone off, replace the two very inexpensive o rings and fill with new XPS grease.

That's about it.
quick question to follow this up, to purge water out of the exhaust system, do i use the same flush port that I typically use with my garden hose? Or is there a different location?

is there any winter maintenance in need to preform on the super chargers? Any fluids in there that need removed?

thanks for the help!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Sorry, was away camping. Yes, same flush port. There are two on the newer engines. One on the swim deck and in the upper-left portion of your bucket area. It's a long, black tube that sticks out with threads inside. Either will work.

Nothing to do for the superchargers. From what I know, the 200HP doesn't have an intercooler.

Go here: *removed for possible copyright issues*

Get Rotax 4-TEC 150-200-250 HP (Service Manual 460660)_en.pdf

Go to page 7-9 (bottom right corner of the page).

That is the official "storage procedure". Hopefully that answers everything. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Last edited: