• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Engine bay??

KevJul2019

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is this supposed to be like this? The holes in the back behind the engine? Look like missing caulk.

Attachments

• 75D6BC05-24FC-474D-91CD-363ABEED8083.jpeg
    75D6BC05-24FC-474D-91CD-363ABEED8083.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 129
Is this supposed to be like this? The holes in the back behind the engine? Look like missing caulk.
Yes that’s normal, opening to bilge for drainage.

I bet the drain plug is further back !!!

Drain plug is on the front (bow) side of the engine compartment. Bilge is located near the same area as the drain plug. I can't recall seeing a hole like that on my 192.

My bilge pump is in the front of the engine bay. This hole is in the back.
Yes, the bilge pump sits in the cutout in the “pseudo-double hull”/hull liner.

@KevJul2019 - are you the original owner of the boat?

The picture is hard to see and in the original post you said "holes" as in more than one ??

The older boats and Swatski had a 19' at one time so I trust his memory, had an opening (mine is more symmetrical than the brown color in your picture) that is a flow through to the open area under the cleanout tray,

it's been long debated about having the bilge in the engine compartment vs. further back by the transom/drain plug under the cleanout tray,

@KevJul2019 - are you the original owner of the boat?

The picture is hard to see and in the original post you said "holes" as in more than one ??

The older boats and Swatski had a 19' at one time so I trust his memory, had an opening (mine is more symmetrical than the brown color in your picture) that is a flow through to the open area under the cleanout tray,

it's been long debated about having the bilge in the engine compartment vs. further back by the transom/drain plug under the cleanout tray,

I am the second owner. On the right side under a black holes there is another hole.

Can anyone else please take a picture of behind their motor? I have an SX192: 2015
This is my old 2012 190, not a good pic but you can kind of see it there.
1581374066403.jpeg

If you pour water in there it will flow out the bilge drain hole.
If the bow is up.

If you pour water in there it will flow out the bilge drain hole.
If the bow is up.

Ah so where the muffler is located, is behind a suedo-transom wall to the real transom where the drain plugs reside?

After looking at some of my old footage I see those small holes on the rear wall of the engine compartment and yes those go into the actual bilge area where the muffler/waterbox is. Your picture threw me off earlier as it looks like its just dirty. At first glance this morning it looks like a gaping hole and the same color as the fiberglass is lol.

holes.jpg

The bilge on a 19' boat is located at the front of the engine (closest to engine hatch opening) rather than nestled in the rear like it is on the larger boats in between the engines.

bilge.jpg

After looking at some of my old footage I see those small holes on the rear wall of the engine compartment and yes those go into the actual bilge area where the muffler/waterbox is. Your picture threw me off earlier as it looks like its just dirty. At first glance this morning it looks like a gaping hole and the same color as the fiberglass is lol.

View attachment 111555

The bilge on a 19' boat is located at the front of the engine (closest to engine hatch opening) rather than nestled in the rear like it is on the larger boats in between the engines.

View attachment 111554
So those holes are supposed to be there.

Back