• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

engine compression and wet spark plug

@Impelled, it is rumored that you may have relevant experience.

If the dealer is the seller, put it on them to fix the issue. If they don't fix it you should walk away. These boats are ultra reliable and we have many owners with hundreds of hours and never had an issue. Many other boats out there.

They are yamaha dealers. They are very nice to me. They will fix the problem. They said this in not a head gasket. They will change coil and spark plugs. I do not want to make expensive mistake and have a headache. I do not much about boats or engines. I learn something new every day. I know that at one point the engine overheated. Marine mechanic that I brought to check the compression and the boat thinks that is a blown head gasket. Dealer said it is not. I do not know. Thank you all for the info. It helps a lot.

Last edited:
Back