• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine flush connector

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I somehow lost my engine flush connector. I had the boat out on the Chesapeake Bay today (brackish water). Is it going to actually be a problem that I can’t get a connector to flush the engines for a week? Boat is normally fresh water only. Go figure I can’t find the thing the one time it’s not been in fresh water. Any other way to flush then?

WetWillie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You pretty much have to have that specific attachment... Hose everything else down you can with water and put the boat in some fresh water nearby if available...

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I somehow lost my engine flush connector. I had the boat out on the Chesapeake Bay today (brackish water). Is it going to actually be a problem that I can’t get a connector to flush the engines for a week? Boat is normally fresh water only. Go figure I can’t find the thing the one time it’s not been in fresh water. Any other way to flush then?
@Bssmith1220 yes, you probably can run it for a week in brackish water with no flushing without too much harm but I am way to ocd to do that. Is there no way you can borrow a flush plug?

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bssmith1220

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered 4 of these as spares, since things tend to disappear a lot around the garage. They work perfect.

Thanks. I ordered a couple for spares fr amazon. I just wanted them quicker than these will show up. Looks like it’ll be the 28th before I get them.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Got this hose attachment at Lowes. You have to hold it in but it provides a lot of pressure. Haven’t tried it. Just a suggestion but I would go there if I had to.

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bssmith1220 if you were close to me I would have no problem in giving you one. Lower Michigan Here.