• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

How much of an issue is it to keep my Yamaha AR190 in brackish water?

ghurty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2014 AY190. The issue is that the water near me is brackish water, and I was advised that you can't keep the boat in the water as it will eat up the engine.
I do not know how brackish the water really is (this is the Barnegat Bay in NJ, but where I will be parking the boat in the
Metedeconk river, is there a way to test?) How true is that? If I take it out of the water once a week to flush is that good enough?

Thank you

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It will require cleaning, and if you can pull it once a week, you will quickly get a feel for how much or how often. I have no idea if salt is going to be more of an issue, but plenty of folks wet slip in salt water, so I lean towards that not being an issue.

My freshwater brackish Lake would definitely require me to clean the boat at 2 weeks or longer, 1 week would allow me to clean it, but with difficulty and/or effort, so I would leave it. I would pull it less often, but use slightly harsher cleaners, thinned down, to make cleaning easier. Others may feel differently, or have more advice to add

Top Bottom