• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine Hours-Poll

How many hours do you put on your engines/year?

• <10 hrs/year

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 11-25 hrs/year

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • 26-50 hrs/year

Votes: 34 41.0%
  • 51+ hrs/year

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I decided to check my engines hours this weekend and have about 330 hrs on my 8th season..about 40 hrs/ year on average. Just curious as to how many hours others have on their engines.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just realized I don't know exactly how many hours I have since I've never hooked up to a computer.....so I guessed. I ran the boat pretty hard for a few seasons before installing hour meters. And then the boat sat for a while.....all I know is that it starts every time I turn the keys and runs like a champ. :winkingthumbsup"

Suppose I should put that on my list of things to do at some point.:rolleyes:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm surprised by the 51+ hrs/yr but not a ton of responses....

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i had 78 hours after 3 years...

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had 36 hours after 3 years. Not by choice, but because of little ones....we anchored a lot.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st owner put 36 hours on in two years,
I average about 45 hours a year, with not much on the schedule I was hoping this was going to be the summer I put on 100 hours and then the rain came......
I have a total of 245 hours this March

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st owner put 36 hours on in two years,
I average about 45 hours a year, with not much on the schedule I was hoping this was going to be the summer I put on 100 hours and then the rain came......
I have a total of 245 hours this March

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
93 hours my first year...will be at 200 by the end of the summer ;)

H2Oload

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
3 years. 145 hours. I don't think I use my boat near as much as others I know. I'm in OH and I would think boats in south would be much more. What is the life expectancy of the Yamaha 1.8?

tomfoolery

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
First year with Glastron GT 187 33.3 hours. That was in 2 ½ months.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
After the first year of use I had 26.6hrs

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was 63 hrs. first year... expect at least that much this year. The weather MUST begin to cooperate. Short season here in Canada.

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm at almost 30 hours already and our boating season will likely last until the end of October this year. Probably going to see 75 hours by the end of the season.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm at almost 40 hours. 33 were put on during our Florida vacation.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've got 50 hours over 10 years......but that's what my digital hour meters read. I forget how many hours I logged before I installed those meters! Time to hook up YDS again.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought this boat back in November, and in March put a Garmin EchoMAP on it that tracks your trip total... So far this year I have put 600 miles on the boat in the water. I average around 25 mph when cruising, so in two months on the water, I have put roughly 24 hours on the motors, probably closer to 30. I have used the boat every Saturday and Sunday since May 2nd and havent had it in the water on a weekday yet. I imagine I will put close to 70 hours on it this year!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
H
I've got 50 hours over 10 years......but that's what my digital hour meters read. I forget how many hours I logged before I installed those meters! Time to hook up YDS again.
I hooked mine up to a power supply and ran them on my desk until they matched the hours on the computer then installed them.

We have just under 300 hours and put about 200 on it in 5 years...new owner picks it up on Saturday....That's gonna be a sad day.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
198 Hours when I purchased mine. Tacked on and additional 94 hours during my first season. This year has not been quite as successful starting out.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
H

I hooked mine up to a power supply and ran them on my desk until they matched the hours on the computer then installed them.

We have just under 300 hours and put about 200 on it in 5 years...new owner picks it up on Saturday....That's gonna be a sad day.
So are you replacing it with another or hanging up your boating for a while?

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So are you replacing it with another or hanging up your boating for a while?
Sadly, we're going to be out of boating for a while. And living in Panama City Beach it's gonna be TOUGH. We can always rent a center console or something (no pontoons) if we get the itch for a weekend.....maybe I can hitch a ride with @JetBoatPilot on a weekend if I buy the gas and food.... LOL.

My daughter is going away to school and the boat was paid off so it is going to almost cover her first year of school. We weren't prepared for 4 years away, We had always planned for 2 years at the local state college and then her going away. I lost that fight. I can't justify getting loans when the money is sitting on the lifted slip. Even if we do end up getting another boat, a 2.99 boat loan is way better than an 8% student loan. Also sold my paid off 2012 tundra. The 2 of them together pay for the first 2 years. I downgraded to an older sequoia. We'll build back up the toys when college is done. But believe me, the 529 plan for the 10 year old will be much bigger when her time comes.