• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

engine light warning

Peter Dollard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Having never owned a boat inn 2020 I purchased a 2016 Yamaha 242 limited with only 35 hours on it, essentially new. Within the 1st 4-6 weeks I began to get intermittent engine light warnings when I was using the boat which would disappear when I turned off the boat and restarted it or turned off the batteries and turned them back on. I tried to contact the service department where I purchased the boat and after multiple emails a voicemails was finally able to actually speak to someone. As the problem at that time was intermittent and the battery charge, engine temp, oil etc were all OK I was told there was probably nothing major wrong but I could bring it in if I was worried. As it was our first summer living at the lake I decided to wait until I brought it back at the end of the season to have it checked as we didn't want to be without the boat. When I brought it back I was told they took it out and found no problem and hooked it up to their computer and found no indication of engine light warnings or issues. Perplexing to me as the problem had become more frequent and alternated between engines. I picked it up last spring and as I left our boat ramp the engine light warning came on immediately. I took a picture of the dashboard and sent it to the service department. After being ignored for almost 2 weeks including further emails and voicemails to the service manager I contacted the marina owner who apologized for the poor response citing issues with all the PWC's they had sold that year which overwhelmed their staff. He told me it was probably a battery issue but had no response when I told him the battery charge seemed fine. This was a major issue last summer with light and particularly the annoying alarm which can only be silenced for a few minutes greatly limiting the pleasure of using the boat. I dropped the boat off early at the end of the season with the understanding they would take care of it while the water was still warm enough to take it out. I never received any feedback. I contacted them again about a month ago and was told it was on their list to look at but had not been evaluated when I brought it in and they would let me know. I'm now concerned that due to the time issue I will have no warranty coverage. I know the poor help from my service department is probably unique but are other people seeing these engine light warning issues

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hold the "system" button on the bottom of the connext untill the diagnostic screen comes on see if there is a fault code you can share with us or try googling the code

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The above post is correct. Hold down the button till the screen changes and then navigate to the engine codes. I've experienced the dreaded CEL a few times. The two that I've experienced are O2 sensor and catalytic converter. Changed out the O2 Sensor twice (once under warranty) and the catalytic sensor code appeared only once.

Peter Dollard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The dealer has evaluated it several times and claims no codes come up when they hook it up to the computer. They basically find nothing wrong but I can't get the annoying alarm to go away

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I picked up another 02 sensor CEL this weekend and I'm not going to bother with it for awhile. They seem to be finnicky.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So quick question, I have a port alarm on my 2015 AR 240 and when I go into the diagnostic screen with engine running and alarm buzzing it shows no code just says 1. 1 is also on the starboard engine so I tend to believe this is normal operation. When would I see the code displayed, I figured with engine running alarm buzzing?

Is this a YDS only code if I do not see it on connext?