• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Engine limits rpm to 5200rpm. 2020 Yamaha AR195

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello everyone,

I have a 2020 Yamaha AR195 that doesn’t run higher the 5200 rpm. It happened today when I was going full speed on the main channel in the river. All of the sudden, the speed decreased to 9mph and wouldn’t go higher even full throttle. After I got to a beach, i found a lid maybe like 4 inches in diameter but barely covering anything around the impeller. After taking it out.. the situation is the same.. boat would not go over 5200rpm. Anyone has any idea of what it could be?

I’ve tried searching the forums but couldn’t see anything related. Thanks for any help.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like something is still in there. Is your clean out plug in and intact? Do you have a picture?

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sounds like something is still in there. Is your clean out plug in and intact? Do you have a picture?
I am out of the water now and I can see everything in it. From underneath and from the clean out plug and i am pretty positive there is nothing in there now. 😢

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm......... Head scratcher.

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hmmm......... Head scratcher.
I recently had the 10 hr service done to it.( boat only has 26 hrs). I’m wondering if they maybe overserviced the oil or Didnt seat a spark plug correctly of if one spark plug just went. I hope this would be covered under warranty.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something changed abruptly, while you were running good. Did they change spark plugs or check them? What did they exactly do for the 10 hr. ? I know what the manual say to do, but what did they do?

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Fro
Something changed abruptly, while you were running good. Did they change spark plugs or check them? What did they exactly do for the 10 hr. ? I know what the manual say to do, but what did they do?
From what I know and seen on the manual they check/clean them. And yes, it happened while I was going around 44 mph at full throttle around like 8000-8500 rpm( i think that’s the max rpm)

Pro Build

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
You can't always see chunks of things stuck in the impellers from the intake grate side. The front of the fins block your view of the back round of fins. Not sure if you can look in from the back past the cones and see. I've had things stuck and didn't know until I was taking the pumps off.

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Running on 3 cylinders maybe?
Like maybe one spark plug went out? That’s what I’m thinking. I doubt the lid i sucked in would cause any of that though so I don’t think the lid problem is related to the rpm limit.

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You can't always see chunks of things stuck in the impellers from the intake grate side. The front of the fins block your view of the back round of fins. Not sure if you can look in from the back past the cones and see. I've had things stuck and didn't know until I was taking the pumps off.
I just went out to get this pictures and i still cant see anything there.

Attachments

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Supercharger failure? Did you get any error messages? I would bring it to the dealer to read the computer.

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Supercharger failure? Did you get any error messages? I would bring it to the dealer to read the computer.
Nope no error codes. Yeah unfortunately they’re closed on Mondays.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was thinking supercharger clutch failure. Next thought was an overheat alarm if one of the cooling inlets got blocked.

If ti was cavitating, he would still get full RPM, just no forward motion. Low RPM is a power or loading issue. Has more load than the engine can overcome. On a supercharged engine with larger pump, that sounds like a clutch failure to me.

rigoalhn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I was thinking supercharger clutch failure. Next thought was an overheat alarm if one of the cooling inlets got blocked.

If ti was cavitating, he would still get full RPM, just no forward motion. Low RPM is a power or loading issue. Has more load than the engine can overcome. On a supercharged engine with larger pump, that sounds like a clutch failure to me.
after taking it to the dealer, turns out the supercharger intake hose came off!! Thank God it was an easy fix and they covered it!